- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Lockheed Martin Receives Top Supplier Performance Award From UK Air Navigation Service Provider
- Lockheed Martin Conducts Successful Warrior Fightability & Lethality Improvement Programme Live Firing Trials
- Systems Integration Labs Now Online For Presidential Helicopter Program
- Helicopter Crews Say Thank-You To Havant
- Merlin MK1 Helicopter Achieves Full Operational Capability With Royal Navy
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Celebrates 50 Years Supporting The United Kingdom's Armed Forces
- UK Submarines Pioneer Lockheed Martin UK Digital Navigation
- Lockheed Martin Releases 2007 DSEi Press Briefing Schedule
- New £2 Million Manufacturing Centre Opens At Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS
- Imagine The Possibilities... Imagine A Career With Lockheed Martin UK
- Lockheed Martin UK Agrees FRES Teaming Agreement With Ultra Electronics
- Lockheed Martin UK To Provide Royal Mail With Additional Recognition Services
- SELEX S&AS Host Conference For Lockheed Martin UK - Led Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Programme
- Lockheed Martin UK Completes FRES Electronic Architecture Technology Demonstration
- Lockheed Martin UK Wins Contract To Supply Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod For Harrier Urgent Operational Requirement
- Lockheed Martin UK Selected To Provide Live, Virtual Training Systems To Kuwait National Guard
- Lockheed Martin Announces Third Quarter 2007 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2007 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2007 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces 2006 Fourth Quarter And Year-End Results
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK Agrees FRES Teaming Agreement With Ultra Electronics
LONDON, UK, June 5, 2007
Lockheed Martin UK has signed a teaming arrangement with Ultra Electronics which will see them work together to bid for the System of Systems Integrator (SOSI) role on the MoD’s Future Rapid Effect System (FRES) programme.
The FRES SOSI will work alongside the FRES IPT so that the MoD is able to control the FRES systems architecture, ensure interoperability across the fleet and adopt best practices in programme management, systems engineering and through life capability management.
Lockheed Martin UK has experience in the systems engineering and integration requirements of Armoured Fighting Vehicles. Ultra Electronics are experienced designers and developers of Armoured Fighting Vehicle subsystems. Together they will be uniquely positioned to meet the MoD’s requirements for this important role.
Bob Nager from Lockheed Martin UK said: “This is an important step. Through close cooperation Ultra Electronics and Lockheed Martin UK have already made great progress on the FRES Electronic Architecture Technology Demonstrator Programme. Signing this teaming agreement is a formal extension of a proven working relationship that could expand to include other programmes both in the UK and the US.”
Frank Hope, managing director of Ultra’s Information and Power Systems division, said: “By combining our respective skills and expertise the team will be able to provide the MoD with an unparalleled level of experience and capability in this specialised area.”
Ultra Electronics is a group of specialist businesses designing, manufacturing and supporting electronic and electromechanical systems, sub-systems and products for defence, security and aerospace applications worldwide. Ultra, which employs 3,000 people in the UK and North America, focuses on high integrity sensing, control, communication and display systems with an emphasis on integrated information technology solutions.
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. Lockheed Martin works with more than 100 business partners and employs in the region of 1500 people at 15 sites across the UK. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, Lockheed Martin employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2006 sales of $39.6 billion.