- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Lockheed Martin Receives Top Supplier Performance Award From UK Air Navigation Service Provider
- Lockheed Martin Conducts Successful Warrior Fightability & Lethality Improvement Programme Live Firing Trials
- Systems Integration Labs Now Online For Presidential Helicopter Program
- Helicopter Crews Say Thank-You To Havant
- Merlin MK1 Helicopter Achieves Full Operational Capability With Royal Navy
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Celebrates 50 Years Supporting The United Kingdom's Armed Forces
- UK Submarines Pioneer Lockheed Martin UK Digital Navigation
- Lockheed Martin Releases 2007 DSEi Press Briefing Schedule
- New £2 Million Manufacturing Centre Opens At Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS
- Imagine The Possibilities... Imagine A Career With Lockheed Martin UK
- Lockheed Martin UK Agrees FRES Teaming Agreement With Ultra Electronics
- Lockheed Martin UK To Provide Royal Mail With Additional Recognition Services
- SELEX S&AS Host Conference For Lockheed Martin UK - Led Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Programme
- Lockheed Martin UK Completes FRES Electronic Architecture Technology Demonstration
- Lockheed Martin UK Wins Contract To Supply Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod For Harrier Urgent Operational Requirement
- Lockheed Martin UK Selected To Provide Live, Virtual Training Systems To Kuwait National Guard
- Lockheed Martin Announces Third Quarter 2007 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2007 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2007 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces 2006 Fourth Quarter And Year-End Results
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK Selected To Provide Live, Virtual Training Systems To Kuwait National Guard
LONDON, February 21, 2007 -
Lockheed Martin UK has been awarded a contract by the Kuwait National Guard (KNG) to provide live and virtual training systems at individual, team and command levels.
Lockheed Martin will provide the KNG with Small Arms Skills trainers, which provide marksmanship and complex tactical scenario training; a High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) Combat Trainer, which combines individual and team skills into vehicle based operations; and Turret Gunnery Trainers, which will enable Pandur vehicle crews to learn gunnery skills, characteristics of the vehicle and crew coordination.
In addition, Lockheed Martin will develop a Wargaming Center to develop technology needed for simulations of various terrain, and computer generated forces as well as logistical and operational support.
“The Kuwait National Guard have identified a variety of needs to train troops to respond to a variety of demands and scenarios including natural disasters, civil unrest, terrorism and insurgency activities,” said Dale Bennett, president of Lockheed Martin Simulation, Training & Support (STS). “The training systems being supplied will accommodate their current needs and will easily adapt to new requirements in the future.”
Lockheed Martin UK Simulation, Training & Support (LMUK STS) will oversee execution of the contract from its facilities in Farnborough, England. LMUK STS has worked with the KNG to develop a training facility at Kazma, just outside Kuwait City, that will be a training center of excellence.
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. Lockheed Martin works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1500 people at 15 sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2006 sales of $39.6 billion.