- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- Second Presidential Helicopter Production Aircraft Takes Flight
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Joins Test Program
- Lockheed Martin UK Receives Top Supplier Performance Award From UK Air Navigation Service Provider
- Lockheed Martin Awarded FRES Study Contract
- Lockheed Martin Establishes Center for Cyber Security Innovation
- First VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Production Aircraft Takes Flight
- Lockheed Martin Awarded £150M Contract To Support 2011 Census For England and Wales, and Northern Ireland
- Lockheed Martin UK Summer Outreach Activities
- Lockheed Martin UK’s New ‘Flat-Packed Lifesaver’ Unveiled at DVD
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Vehicle Design at DVD
- First Royal Navy Submarine Cleared To Operate Lockheed Martin UK's Digital Navigation Technology
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates Latest Military Video Technology At CWID 2008
- Lockheed Martin Announces Promotion Of Stephen Ball To Vice President And Managing Director At Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS
- Ascent Signs Contract With MOD For New UK Military Flight Training System
- Census Statement
- Mickey Arnott Is A Lockheed Martin UK Lifesaver
- Lockheed Martin Opens Wireless Cyber Security Lab
- Barco Hosts Third Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Contracted For £100 Million Battle Management Command And Control Programme
- Lockheed Martin UK Continues To Support Swanwick Air Traffic Centre Through £80 Million Programme Service Award
- Lockheed Martin UK Signs Five Year Contract To Support The Combined Arms Tactical Trainer
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates Sniper® Advanced Targeting Pod On Board Tornado GR4
- Lockheed Martin UK Outlines New Engineering Opportunities To Northern Companies
- Land Rover And Savi Technology Launch RFID Pilot To Track Car Parts Between Suppliers And Assembly Plant
- Lockheed Martin UK IT Systems Specialists Open Day
- Lockheed Martin UK And Essential Viewing Systems To Develop Next Generation Of Video Capabilities
- Lockheed Martin Announces Third Quarter 2008 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces 2007 Fourth Quarter And Year-End Results
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Vehicle Design at DVD
MILLBROOK, UK June 25, 2008
Lockheed Martin UK will unveil a new approach to military vehicle design at this year’s DVD event when it displays AVA-1, its first prototype vehicle to be produced using the Lockheed Martin Adaptive Vehicle Architecture (AVA).
Primarily designed and developed in the UK, the prototype vehicle has the potential to meet several emerging UK requirements. Six metres long and weighing in at 12,000kg, the vehicle also features a modified V-shaped hull which is as survivable as the Mine Resistant Ambush protected (MRAP) platforms while having greater mobility and sprint speeds.
The AVA concept offers potential users the same chassis components in different configurations, allowing for commonality across a fleet with the ability to customise individual vehicle role specification.
“This vehicle has superb on and off-road capability, has a minimal turning circle and a sprint speed in excess of 50 mph as well as MRAP standards of protection,” said Scott Lustig, director for Land Vehicle Systems. “AVA-1 is not intended to address a specific current requirement, but to generate interest and see where the customer wants Lockheed Martin technology to go.”
AVA-1 is the first in a family of vehicles Lockheed Martin intends to build, including 4x4 and 6x6 variants adaptable to a range of roles including flatbed transporters, troop carriers and scout vehicles.
Lockheed Martin UK will also be displaying its Land Environment Air Picture Provision (LEAPP) solution, its Joint Asset Management Engineering Solution (JAMES) system and its newly-developed Kudos force protection system at the DVD show on June 25 and 26.
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. Lockheed Martin works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1700 people at 12 sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation reported 2007 sales of $41.9 billion.