- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- Second Presidential Helicopter Production Aircraft Takes Flight
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Joins Test Program
- Lockheed Martin UK Receives Top Supplier Performance Award From UK Air Navigation Service Provider
- Lockheed Martin Awarded FRES Study Contract
- Lockheed Martin Establishes Center for Cyber Security Innovation
- First VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Production Aircraft Takes Flight
- Lockheed Martin Awarded £150M Contract To Support 2011 Census For England and Wales, and Northern Ireland
- Lockheed Martin UK Summer Outreach Activities
- Lockheed Martin UK’s New ‘Flat-Packed Lifesaver’ Unveiled at DVD
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Vehicle Design at DVD
- First Royal Navy Submarine Cleared To Operate Lockheed Martin UK's Digital Navigation Technology
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates Latest Military Video Technology At CWID 2008
- Lockheed Martin Announces Promotion Of Stephen Ball To Vice President And Managing Director At Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS
- Ascent Signs Contract With MOD For New UK Military Flight Training System
- Census Statement
- Mickey Arnott Is A Lockheed Martin UK Lifesaver
- Lockheed Martin Opens Wireless Cyber Security Lab
- Barco Hosts Third Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Contracted For £100 Million Battle Management Command And Control Programme
- Lockheed Martin UK Continues To Support Swanwick Air Traffic Centre Through £80 Million Programme Service Award
- Lockheed Martin UK Signs Five Year Contract To Support The Combined Arms Tactical Trainer
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates Sniper® Advanced Targeting Pod On Board Tornado GR4
- Lockheed Martin UK Outlines New Engineering Opportunities To Northern Companies
- Land Rover And Savi Technology Launch RFID Pilot To Track Car Parts Between Suppliers And Assembly Plant
- Lockheed Martin UK IT Systems Specialists Open Day
- Lockheed Martin UK And Essential Viewing Systems To Develop Next Generation Of Video Capabilities
- Lockheed Martin Announces Third Quarter 2008 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces 2007 Fourth Quarter And Year-End Results
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Barco Hosts Third Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
Kortrijk, 15 April, 2008
Barco, a leader in display and visualization solutions for selected professional markets, has hosted the third annual supplier conference for the Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus programme (MCSP) in the Barco demonstration facilities in Kortrijk. By hosting the MCSP conference for Lockheed Martin UK, Barco confirms its commitment to the MCSP programme, to Lockheed Martin UK and to all the partners of TEAM MCSP.
The MCSP programme, aims not only to sustain but to enhance the functionality and capabilities of the Royal Navy’s Merlin HM MK1 helicopter. With the annual MCSP supplier conference Lockheed Martin UK, the Prime Contractor and Systems Integrator for the programme, brings together the major stakeholders and contributors, all part of Team MCSP, to share project progress information. Above all, the conference creates a true spirit of motivation and enthusiasm, which is the key factor in ensuring the project remains an ‘A programme’ with an excellent track record.
A central part of this year’s Conference was the future requirements of helicopters and the challenge to take Merlin to the next stage of its evolution. Trevor Watkins, MCSP Programme Directorf or Lockheed Martin UK explains: “The annual MCSP Supplier Conference is an important and valued event which brings together senior level stakeholders and decision makers from UK MoD and the multi-national industry team. As well as giving programme-level direction and context for the work and involvement of all the participating organisations, the conference provides an excellent opportunity to discuss and understand cross-boundary issues and priorities. Also, sharing ideas and best practice really fosters a partnering approach which is a vital ingredient in achieving mission success in a complex systems integration programme such as MCSP”.
Barco was honored it could host this year’s MCSP supplier conference. “We are very dedicated to the MCSP programme and happy to offer our facilities and demo set-ups”, Carl Peeters, President of Barco’s SMD Division, said.
“The conference was a unique and valuable event enabling us to share the capabilities of the Barco Security and Monitoring Defense and the Barco Avionics to the whole MCSP team, but above all allowing the Barco team, from engineering to top management, to meet with all partners and stakeholders of this important programme”, Reggy Mortier, Market Director of Barco’s SMD Division, said.
Partners of the Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Program include:
- SELEX Sensors & Airborne Systems UK
- THALES Under Water Systems
- Lockheed Martin UK - Integrated Systems
- Aerosystems International Limited
- Saab Avitronics
- CAE Inc. /CAE plc.
- Ultra Electronics
- Barco N.V.
- Lockheed Martin Systems Integration – Owego
- Radstone Technology
- Tyco Electronics UK Ltd M/A-COM Division
Barco, a global technology company, designs and develops visualization products for a variety of selected professional markets. Barco has its own facilities for Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, R&D and Manufacturing in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Barco (Euronext Brussels: BAR) is active in more than 90 countries with about 3600 employees worldwide. Barco posted sales of euro 747 million in 2007.