- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- Second Presidential Helicopter Production Aircraft Takes Flight
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Joins Test Program
- Lockheed Martin UK Receives Top Supplier Performance Award From UK Air Navigation Service Provider
- Lockheed Martin Awarded FRES Study Contract
- Lockheed Martin Establishes Center for Cyber Security Innovation
- First VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Production Aircraft Takes Flight
- Lockheed Martin Awarded £150M Contract To Support 2011 Census For England and Wales, and Northern Ireland
- Lockheed Martin UK Summer Outreach Activities
- Lockheed Martin UK’s New ‘Flat-Packed Lifesaver’ Unveiled at DVD
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Vehicle Design at DVD
- First Royal Navy Submarine Cleared To Operate Lockheed Martin UK's Digital Navigation Technology
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates Latest Military Video Technology At CWID 2008
- Lockheed Martin Announces Promotion Of Stephen Ball To Vice President And Managing Director At Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS
- Ascent Signs Contract With MOD For New UK Military Flight Training System
- Census Statement
- Mickey Arnott Is A Lockheed Martin UK Lifesaver
- Lockheed Martin Opens Wireless Cyber Security Lab
- Barco Hosts Third Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Contracted For £100 Million Battle Management Command And Control Programme
- Lockheed Martin UK Continues To Support Swanwick Air Traffic Centre Through £80 Million Programme Service Award
- Lockheed Martin UK Signs Five Year Contract To Support The Combined Arms Tactical Trainer
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates Sniper® Advanced Targeting Pod On Board Tornado GR4
- Lockheed Martin UK Outlines New Engineering Opportunities To Northern Companies
- Land Rover And Savi Technology Launch RFID Pilot To Track Car Parts Between Suppliers And Assembly Plant
- Lockheed Martin UK IT Systems Specialists Open Day
- Lockheed Martin UK And Essential Viewing Systems To Develop Next Generation Of Video Capabilities
- Lockheed Martin Announces Third Quarter 2008 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces 2007 Fourth Quarter And Year-End Results
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
About Lockheed Martin’s Census Practice:
Lockheed Martin successfully designed, developed and deployed the automated data capture system for the United Kingdom’s 2001 Census, United States 2000 Census and Canada’s 2006 Census—and is currently working with the US Census Bureau to prepare for the 2010 census. In 2001, Lockheed Martin’s Data Capture System read the UK’s handwriting from nearly 30 million Census forms, processing the information quickly, effectively, securely, and with an accuracy rate of better than 99 percent.
Protecting the privacy of citizens’ vital information is our primary objective and we are proud of our outstanding record of success in this regard through a Census practice that spans over a decade. Our goal is to again offer the UK the best, most capable and reliable system that ensures the total success and confidentiality of the 2011 census. We have designed our proposed solution to ensure that the data collected during the 2011 is as secure as possible.
The strength of Lockheed Martin UK’s Census 2011 proposal lies in its team: a consortium of British companies with complementing skills in data management, printing, distribution and security.
Under our proposal, all processing of the Census data will be conducted by British companies in Britain—no data will leave UK shores either physically or electronically. That industry team includes such companies as Royal Mail, Cable and Wireless, and Logica. Each bring expertise enabling us to offer a very capable solution and ensure compliance with British security law with a particular focus on cyber security to prevent malicious access attempts from outside agents.
Lockheed Martin UK’s unique experience in securely managing large volumes of data and coordinating complex projects – including the last UK Census in 2001 – makes us ideal to act as prime contractor for this crucial programme.
Lockheed Martin’s systems have helped the UK protect its travellers in the skies, soldiers in battle, and citizens calling 999 for help. With that same level of commitment and focus on securely managing sensitive data, we will enable the UK Government to effectively and efficiently perform the 2011 census while protecting its citizens data —after all, we are being counted, too.