- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- Second Presidential Helicopter Production Aircraft Takes Flight
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Joins Test Program
- Lockheed Martin UK Receives Top Supplier Performance Award From UK Air Navigation Service Provider
- Lockheed Martin Awarded FRES Study Contract
- Lockheed Martin Establishes Center for Cyber Security Innovation
- First VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Production Aircraft Takes Flight
- Lockheed Martin Awarded £150M Contract To Support 2011 Census For England and Wales, and Northern Ireland
- Lockheed Martin UK Summer Outreach Activities
- Lockheed Martin UK’s New ‘Flat-Packed Lifesaver’ Unveiled at DVD
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Vehicle Design at DVD
- First Royal Navy Submarine Cleared To Operate Lockheed Martin UK's Digital Navigation Technology
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates Latest Military Video Technology At CWID 2008
- Lockheed Martin Announces Promotion Of Stephen Ball To Vice President And Managing Director At Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS
- Ascent Signs Contract With MOD For New UK Military Flight Training System
- Census Statement
- Mickey Arnott Is A Lockheed Martin UK Lifesaver
- Lockheed Martin Opens Wireless Cyber Security Lab
- Barco Hosts Third Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Contracted For £100 Million Battle Management Command And Control Programme
- Lockheed Martin UK Continues To Support Swanwick Air Traffic Centre Through £80 Million Programme Service Award
- Lockheed Martin UK Signs Five Year Contract To Support The Combined Arms Tactical Trainer
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates Sniper® Advanced Targeting Pod On Board Tornado GR4
- Lockheed Martin UK Outlines New Engineering Opportunities To Northern Companies
- Land Rover And Savi Technology Launch RFID Pilot To Track Car Parts Between Suppliers And Assembly Plant
- Lockheed Martin UK IT Systems Specialists Open Day
- Lockheed Martin UK And Essential Viewing Systems To Develop Next Generation Of Video Capabilities
- Lockheed Martin Announces Third Quarter 2008 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces 2007 Fourth Quarter And Year-End Results
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK Receives Top Supplier Performance Award From UK Air Navigation Service Provider
LONDON, UK: 23 October 2008
Lockheed Martin UK has received a prestigious Supplier Performance Award from NATS. This is the second year in a row that the UK air navigation service provider has honoured Lockheed Martin as its top supplier for meeting supply chain management performance criteria.
“The Lockheed Martin team consistently demonstrates its commitment to excellence,” said NATS Supply Chain and Facilities Management Director Chris Odam. “This is a great achievement for one of our key suppliers with whom we’ve had a long-standing relationship,” he said.
Lockheed Martin achieved the highest rating across four key areas being assessed by NATS in its Supplier Performance Management (SPM) programme, which includes various NATS supply chain management stakeholders. Quantitative and qualitative criteria were used to measure performance.
A formalised process that benchmarks a supplier’s performance, NATS’ SPM programme continuously aims to improve how a supplier and a customer work together in partnership. The categories judged were commercial, delivery, management systems, and technology and capability.
“Our focus the past year was to map our air traffic management capabilities with NATS’ strategic needs – now as well as long term. We’re committed to helping NATS achieve its deployment milestones for the Interim Future Area Control Tools Support (iFACTS) programme,” said Martin Rolfe, director of Lockheed Martin’s UK air traffic management programmes. “I’m proud that our team is able to provide NATS with the right technology and skills to help them perform this important task, and pleased that our partnership continues to prove so effective.”
The Lockheed Martin team implements upgrades to the NATS Swanwick Air Traffic Control Centre operating system and supports the development of iFACTS, which is a decision support tool aimed at increasing a controller’s situational awareness for aircraft separation.
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. Lockheed Martin works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1,700 people at sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2007 sales of $41.9 billion.