- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- Cranfield University Secures Defence and Civil Sector Research Grant from Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lockheed Martin UK Conducts Successful Live Firing Trials of Warrior CSP Turret
- Lockheed Martin UK Shapes the World's Fastest Wheels
- Lockheed Martin UK Provides Royal Navy With New Situational Awareness Capability
- Lockheed Martin UK and Defence Support Group Sign Strategic Partnering Agreement
- Lockheed Martin UK-Led Warrior Transformation Team Submits Warrior CSP Proposal
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Maintenance Rig
- Lockheed Martin UK Lands $5.9M Link 16 Interoperability Deal With Turkey
- Lockheed Martin UK Hosts First Volunteering Day
- Lockheed Martin UK Announces Alan McCormick as Vice President and Managing Director LMUK INSYS
- Ascent Signs MFTS Rear Crew Contract With MOD
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Ltd to Help Re-Invent the Wheel for World's Fastest Car
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Land Systems Designs at DVD 2009
- RNAS Culdrose Hosts Fourth Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- AirKnight Submits SAR-H Technical Proposal
- Lockheed Martin UK and NDI Host Second Annual Land Domain Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Acquires IMES Strategic Support Limited
- LEAPP Successfully Completes First Anchor Milestone
- F-35 JSF Arrives in the United Kingdom For Static Testing
- Lockheed Martin Supports 2009 National Security Agency Cyber Defense Exercise
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Hosts Annual Supplier Awards
- Lockheed Martin UK Appoints Chief Operating Officer
- AirKnight Advances SAR-H Solution by Selecting Eurocopter's EC225
- Lockheed Martin Named "Company of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan
- VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Completes Initial Vibration Testing Phase on Schedule
- Lockheed Martin UK Delivers Increased Capability For Merlin Mk1 With New Defensive Aids Suite
- Lockheed Martin UK Announce New Chief Executive
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Achieves Employee Safety Certification
- Third VH-71 Presidential Production Helicopter Completes Initial Flight
- Lockheed Martin to Engineer National Cyber Range for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Arrives At Lockheed Martin To Start Final Production Phase
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2009 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2009 Results
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK Appoints Chief Operating Officer
Lockheed Martin UK has announced the appointment of Ron Abbott as Chief Operating Officer, effective April 1.
In this new position, Abbott will work in partnership with LMUK's new Chief Executive, Stephen Ball, who took up the position last month following the announcement of the planned retirement of the incumbent, Ian Stopps.
Abbott will focus on programme delivery and providing access to the organisation's huge bank of technologies and resources while Ball leads the development of Strategy and is responsible for running the LMUK business.
Commenting on this new appointment Stephen Ball said, "I am delighted that Ron Abbott will be working in partnership with me as we take LMUK forward. We have worked together for a number of years already. Ron's knowledge of the wider Lockheed Martin Corporation, and his experience working with the senior leadership, will be invaluable. We created LMUK as a single UK entity in response to our customers' wishes; Ron's appointment is the now next stage of that strategy, enabling us to ensure that our customers, team partners and suppliers are also able to benefit from the full power of the total Lockheed Martin Corporation."
Ron Abbott joins LMUK from the company's Orlando, Florida-based Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) business where, until recently, he was executive vice president. Abbott brings to this new role considerable knowledge of the LMUK operation and the MoD customer organisation through his responsibility for programmes such as Javelin and Guided Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (GMLRS) and through his position as the senior MFC executive responsible for the LMUK INSYS business.
Speaking on his new role, Abbott said: "I am really looking forward to this new opportunity. I have been fortunate to have spent a great deal of my career working on UK programmes and with our MOD customers. I think this experience, coupled with my knowledge of the wider Corporation, is going to be very useful as we continue to grow this organisation."
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. The organisation works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1700 people at sites across the UK. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 146,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.