- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- Cranfield University Secures Defence and Civil Sector Research Grant from Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lockheed Martin UK Conducts Successful Live Firing Trials of Warrior CSP Turret
- Lockheed Martin UK Shapes the World's Fastest Wheels
- Lockheed Martin UK Provides Royal Navy With New Situational Awareness Capability
- Lockheed Martin UK and Defence Support Group Sign Strategic Partnering Agreement
- Lockheed Martin UK-Led Warrior Transformation Team Submits Warrior CSP Proposal
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Maintenance Rig
- Lockheed Martin UK Lands $5.9M Link 16 Interoperability Deal With Turkey
- Lockheed Martin UK Hosts First Volunteering Day
- Lockheed Martin UK Announces Alan McCormick as Vice President and Managing Director LMUK INSYS
- Ascent Signs MFTS Rear Crew Contract With MOD
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Ltd to Help Re-Invent the Wheel for World's Fastest Car
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Land Systems Designs at DVD 2009
- RNAS Culdrose Hosts Fourth Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- AirKnight Submits SAR-H Technical Proposal
- Lockheed Martin UK and NDI Host Second Annual Land Domain Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Acquires IMES Strategic Support Limited
- LEAPP Successfully Completes First Anchor Milestone
- F-35 JSF Arrives in the United Kingdom For Static Testing
- Lockheed Martin Supports 2009 National Security Agency Cyber Defense Exercise
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Hosts Annual Supplier Awards
- Lockheed Martin UK Appoints Chief Operating Officer
- AirKnight Advances SAR-H Solution by Selecting Eurocopter's EC225
- Lockheed Martin Named "Company of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan
- VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Completes Initial Vibration Testing Phase on Schedule
- Lockheed Martin UK Delivers Increased Capability For Merlin Mk1 With New Defensive Aids Suite
- Lockheed Martin UK Announce New Chief Executive
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Achieves Employee Safety Certification
- Third VH-71 Presidential Production Helicopter Completes Initial Flight
- Lockheed Martin to Engineer National Cyber Range for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Arrives At Lockheed Martin To Start Final Production Phase
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2009 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2009 Results
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK and Defence Support Group Sign Strategic Partnering Agreement
London, UK, November 19 2009: Lockheed Martin UK and the Defence Support Group (DSG) today announced the signing of a Strategic Partnering Agreement (SPA), which will enable the companies, and their suppliers, to enhance delivery of military capability to the UK MoD and sustain critical sovereign skills in the UK.
The SPA provides an overarching partnership framework between the two organisations, which will be supplemented by specific teaming agreements, as opportunities are identified over time.
Today’s signing includes specific teaming agreements with the Lockheed Martin UK – INSYS business for the Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme (WCSP) and the Future Rapid Effect System (FRES) programme; future frameworks could include collaboration on projects in the air domain.
“This Strategic Partnering Agreement underpins Lockheed Martin UK’s commitment to the Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV) Sector and to maintaining critical skills in the UK industrial base,” said Stephen Ball, Chief Executive of Lockheed Martin UK. “From the outset, DSG has been at the heart of our WCSP solution and this Strategic Partnering Agreement will further strengthen our working relationship. Our plan, if we are successful in our bids on the WCSP and FRES programmes, is to co-locate with DSG at their Donnington facility.”
“DSG and Lockheed Martin UK have a history of working together to deliver critical capability to the front-line through the M270B MLRS programme,” said Archie Hughes, Chief Executive of DSG. “This agreement provides the framework needed to drive greater efficiency across our organisations and deliver the best Value for Defence.”
DSG launched on 1 April 2008 and brought together the ABRO and DARA businesses into a single new defence Trading Fund. DSG’s primary focus is in providing expert in-house maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade services for the through-life support of the key land and air-based platforms and equipment of the UK Armed Forces.
DSG’s Head Office is located in Andover and provides strategic direction to the main sites in Bovington, Catterick, Colchester, Donnington, Sealand, St Athan, Stafford, Stirling, Telford and Warminster. Smaller support sites located in Aldershot, Bicester, Kinnegar and Sennybridge further enhances DSG’s geographic coverage. Small support teams are also permanently embedded in other UK military sites.
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. The organisation works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1700 people at sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.
Landline: +44 (0)23 9244 3342
Mobile: +44 (0)75 0084 0694