- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- Cranfield University Secures Defence and Civil Sector Research Grant from Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lockheed Martin UK Conducts Successful Live Firing Trials of Warrior CSP Turret
- Lockheed Martin UK Shapes the World's Fastest Wheels
- Lockheed Martin UK Provides Royal Navy With New Situational Awareness Capability
- Lockheed Martin UK and Defence Support Group Sign Strategic Partnering Agreement
- Lockheed Martin UK-Led Warrior Transformation Team Submits Warrior CSP Proposal
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Maintenance Rig
- Lockheed Martin UK Lands $5.9M Link 16 Interoperability Deal With Turkey
- Lockheed Martin UK Hosts First Volunteering Day
- Lockheed Martin UK Announces Alan McCormick as Vice President and Managing Director LMUK INSYS
- Ascent Signs MFTS Rear Crew Contract With MOD
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Ltd to Help Re-Invent the Wheel for World's Fastest Car
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Land Systems Designs at DVD 2009
- RNAS Culdrose Hosts Fourth Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- AirKnight Submits SAR-H Technical Proposal
- Lockheed Martin UK and NDI Host Second Annual Land Domain Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Acquires IMES Strategic Support Limited
- LEAPP Successfully Completes First Anchor Milestone
- F-35 JSF Arrives in the United Kingdom For Static Testing
- Lockheed Martin Supports 2009 National Security Agency Cyber Defense Exercise
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Hosts Annual Supplier Awards
- Lockheed Martin UK Appoints Chief Operating Officer
- AirKnight Advances SAR-H Solution by Selecting Eurocopter's EC225
- Lockheed Martin Named "Company of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan
- VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Completes Initial Vibration Testing Phase on Schedule
- Lockheed Martin UK Delivers Increased Capability For Merlin Mk1 With New Defensive Aids Suite
- Lockheed Martin UK Announce New Chief Executive
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Achieves Employee Safety Certification
- Third VH-71 Presidential Production Helicopter Completes Initial Flight
- Lockheed Martin to Engineer National Cyber Range for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Arrives At Lockheed Martin To Start Final Production Phase
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2009 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2009 Results
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK Facility Achieves Employee Safety Certification
LONDON, UK: February 9 2009: In its continuous drive to ensure employees have a safe, secure and healthy place at which to work, Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS has successfully achieved certification to BS OHSAS 18001 standard for occupational health and safety management.
The INSYS facility is the first within Lockheed Martin UK to be certified to this exacting standard, following an independent assessment by BSI Management Systems.
During a year-long effort leading up to the assessment, potential workplace hazards were identified and addressed; operating procedures were reviewed and updated, and employees received tailored training on health and safety disciplines. Lockheed Martin employs over 600 people at its Ampthill site, including 17,000 sq metres of state of the art manufacturing.
Stephen Ball, Managing Director, Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS said: "This is an important achievement for our business, and a reflection of the high standards we set for the safety of our employees."
"Achieving certification to this standard recognises Lockheed Martin's continual dedication to the safety and welfare of its employees and customers, and to providing a safer working environment," said Andrew Morris, Business Development Director for BSI Management Systems UK.
"The standard BS OHSAS 18001 has provided a framework to allow Lockheed Martin to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall business performance."
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. Lockheed Martin works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1,700 people at sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 146,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.