- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- Cranfield University Secures Defence and Civil Sector Research Grant from Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lockheed Martin UK Conducts Successful Live Firing Trials of Warrior CSP Turret
- Lockheed Martin UK Shapes the World's Fastest Wheels
- Lockheed Martin UK Provides Royal Navy With New Situational Awareness Capability
- Lockheed Martin UK and Defence Support Group Sign Strategic Partnering Agreement
- Lockheed Martin UK-Led Warrior Transformation Team Submits Warrior CSP Proposal
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Maintenance Rig
- Lockheed Martin UK Lands $5.9M Link 16 Interoperability Deal With Turkey
- Lockheed Martin UK Hosts First Volunteering Day
- Lockheed Martin UK Announces Alan McCormick as Vice President and Managing Director LMUK INSYS
- Ascent Signs MFTS Rear Crew Contract With MOD
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Ltd to Help Re-Invent the Wheel for World's Fastest Car
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Land Systems Designs at DVD 2009
- RNAS Culdrose Hosts Fourth Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- AirKnight Submits SAR-H Technical Proposal
- Lockheed Martin UK and NDI Host Second Annual Land Domain Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Acquires IMES Strategic Support Limited
- LEAPP Successfully Completes First Anchor Milestone
- F-35 JSF Arrives in the United Kingdom For Static Testing
- Lockheed Martin Supports 2009 National Security Agency Cyber Defense Exercise
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Hosts Annual Supplier Awards
- Lockheed Martin UK Appoints Chief Operating Officer
- AirKnight Advances SAR-H Solution by Selecting Eurocopter's EC225
- Lockheed Martin Named "Company of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan
- VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Completes Initial Vibration Testing Phase on Schedule
- Lockheed Martin UK Delivers Increased Capability For Merlin Mk1 With New Defensive Aids Suite
- Lockheed Martin UK Announce New Chief Executive
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Achieves Employee Safety Certification
- Third VH-71 Presidential Production Helicopter Completes Initial Flight
- Lockheed Martin to Engineer National Cyber Range for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Arrives At Lockheed Martin To Start Final Production Phase
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2009 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2009 Results
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK and NDI Host Second Annual Land Domain Conference
LONDON, UK: May 14 2009: Lockheed Martin UK and Northern Defence Industries (NDI) have recently hosted their second annual Land Domain conference to highlight business opportunities for current and future suppliers. The event, staged in Billingham, Teesside, showcased Lockheed Martin's involvement in the Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme and Operational Utility Vehicle System competitions, which will both require significant input from the UK defence industrial base.
Many delegates attended the event, which provided Lockheed Martin's approach to supply chain management and included an "Apache AH1 Operator's Perspective" given by Captain Rory Cunningham of the Air Manoeuvre Training Advisory Team, Army Air Corps. Delegates also met with programme management and procurement experts from Lockheed Martin and some of its key partners to discuss opportunities on current and future programmes.
Stephen Ball, chief executive of Lockheed Martin UK said: "Lockheed Martin UK recognises the importance of the supply chain in delivering capability to our customers. We are working to increase the UK participation through our relationships with Ultra, Thales and Scisys on the Warrior programme. We have used similar events previously, with significant success, as they provide the right balance and opportunity to showcase opportunities and match requirements with innovators, many of whom often find it difficult to catch the eye of the prime contractors."
"We are delighted with the commitment that Lockheed Martin UK has shown in working with our member companies, which include current and hopefully future members of their supply chain," said Robin Fox, managing director of NDI. "NDI has a long-standing relationship with Lockheed Martin through our work on the Javelin programme and we know that they're always looking for ways to bring the innovation and skills of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME) to front-line operations."
"This conference, which is in its second year, is becoming a fixture for us to continue an open dialogue with the supply chain. This builds on the significant contribution that UK SMEs have made to Lockheed Martin over the years on a wide range of programmes. Our teams have proven their agility and innovation, which we maintain is a key asset to ensure we can work together to provide the Ministry of Defence with the best equipment available," said Ball.
"Lockheed Martin's ethos recognises the importance of long-term relationships. The mutual benefits they bring can be seen from the enduring relationships that support programmes, such as C-130J and F-35 Lightning II. All in all, we recognise, better than most, the contribution of the supply chain and the stability that working with Lockheed Martin brings to SMEs. It is all about delivering mutually beneficial relationships for Lockheed Martin, our suppliers and our customers," confirmed Ball.
As well as presentations on key programmes, companies took part in individual "speed networking" meetings so that each company now has a clear point of contact with Lockheed Martin UK and some of its key suppliers to explore future opportunities.
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. Lockheed Martin works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1700 people at sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 146,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.