- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- Cranfield University Secures Defence and Civil Sector Research Grant from Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lockheed Martin UK Conducts Successful Live Firing Trials of Warrior CSP Turret
- Lockheed Martin UK Shapes the World's Fastest Wheels
- Lockheed Martin UK Provides Royal Navy With New Situational Awareness Capability
- Lockheed Martin UK and Defence Support Group Sign Strategic Partnering Agreement
- Lockheed Martin UK-Led Warrior Transformation Team Submits Warrior CSP Proposal
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Maintenance Rig
- Lockheed Martin UK Lands $5.9M Link 16 Interoperability Deal With Turkey
- Lockheed Martin UK Hosts First Volunteering Day
- Lockheed Martin UK Announces Alan McCormick as Vice President and Managing Director LMUK INSYS
- Ascent Signs MFTS Rear Crew Contract With MOD
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Ltd to Help Re-Invent the Wheel for World's Fastest Car
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Land Systems Designs at DVD 2009
- RNAS Culdrose Hosts Fourth Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- AirKnight Submits SAR-H Technical Proposal
- Lockheed Martin UK and NDI Host Second Annual Land Domain Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Acquires IMES Strategic Support Limited
- LEAPP Successfully Completes First Anchor Milestone
- F-35 JSF Arrives in the United Kingdom For Static Testing
- Lockheed Martin Supports 2009 National Security Agency Cyber Defense Exercise
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Hosts Annual Supplier Awards
- Lockheed Martin UK Appoints Chief Operating Officer
- AirKnight Advances SAR-H Solution by Selecting Eurocopter's EC225
- Lockheed Martin Named "Company of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan
- VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Completes Initial Vibration Testing Phase on Schedule
- Lockheed Martin UK Delivers Increased Capability For Merlin Mk1 With New Defensive Aids Suite
- Lockheed Martin UK Announce New Chief Executive
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Achieves Employee Safety Certification
- Third VH-71 Presidential Production Helicopter Completes Initial Flight
- Lockheed Martin to Engineer National Cyber Range for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Arrives At Lockheed Martin To Start Final Production Phase
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2009 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2009 Results
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK Acquires Imes Strategic Support Limited
Purchase Strengthens Company's UK Strategic Weapons System Services Capabilities
BETHESDA, Md., April 30, 2009 - Lockheed Martin UK Limited (LMUK), a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation [NYSE: LMT], has acquired Imes Strategic Support Limited (ISSL), a subsidiary of the IMES Group, a privately held company based in Helensburgh, Scotland. Terms of the transaction, which will not have a material impact on the Corporation, are not being disclosed.
ISSL provides engineering, maintenance, repair, and support services for key sub-systems of the UK Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapons System programme at HM Naval Base Clyde in Scotland with additional activities within the Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth, the Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) Headquarters at Abbey Wood, Bristol and the United Kingdom Software Facility. ISSL was recently awarded a new 10-year extension to provide these services, with an option for a further five- year extension.
Lockheed Martin UK Limited will manage ISSL in coordination with Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company, based in Denver, Colorado.
"Lockheed Martin is already a leader in the development, design and servicing of strategic weapons systems in the United States and this transaction represents a natural strategic fit," said Joanne Maguire, executive vice president of Lockheed Martin's Space Systems Company. "ISSL will provide an important set of capabilities in the United Kingdom and will enable us to offer a broader set of solutions to our US and UK customers."
Stephen Ball, chief executive of Lockheed Martin UK Limited said, "ISSL is known as a firm of constant innovation. Adding its capabilities to the Lockheed Martin UK portfolio is an important step for LMUK and signifies our commitment to our British strategic weapons systems customer."
"ISSL has been a key service provider to the UK Ministry of Defence and has a solid history of delivering outstanding support for the Strategic Weapons System programme," said Melfort Campbell, chairman of the Imes Group. "We are very pleased that ISSL will now become a part of Lockheed Martin UK Limited. Adding the strengths and commitment of Lockheed Martin to those of ISSL will ensure our customer and our employees will realize significant benefits from this acquisition."
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the defence, aerospace and civil sectors. The organisation works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1700 people at sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 146,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.