- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- Cranfield University Secures Defence and Civil Sector Research Grant from Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Lockheed Martin UK Conducts Successful Live Firing Trials of Warrior CSP Turret
- Lockheed Martin UK Shapes the World's Fastest Wheels
- Lockheed Martin UK Provides Royal Navy With New Situational Awareness Capability
- Lockheed Martin UK and Defence Support Group Sign Strategic Partnering Agreement
- Lockheed Martin UK-Led Warrior Transformation Team Submits Warrior CSP Proposal
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Maintenance Rig
- Lockheed Martin UK Lands $5.9M Link 16 Interoperability Deal With Turkey
- Lockheed Martin UK Hosts First Volunteering Day
- Lockheed Martin UK Announces Alan McCormick as Vice President and Managing Director LMUK INSYS
- Ascent Signs MFTS Rear Crew Contract With MOD
- Lockheed Martin UK INSYS Ltd to Help Re-Invent the Wheel for World's Fastest Car
- Lockheed Martin UK to Unveil Innovative New Land Systems Designs at DVD 2009
- RNAS Culdrose Hosts Fourth Merlin Capability Sustainment Plus Supplier Conference
- AirKnight Submits SAR-H Technical Proposal
- Lockheed Martin UK and NDI Host Second Annual Land Domain Conference
- Lockheed Martin UK Acquires IMES Strategic Support Limited
- LEAPP Successfully Completes First Anchor Milestone
- F-35 JSF Arrives in the United Kingdom For Static Testing
- Lockheed Martin Supports 2009 National Security Agency Cyber Defense Exercise
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Hosts Annual Supplier Awards
- Lockheed Martin UK Appoints Chief Operating Officer
- AirKnight Advances SAR-H Solution by Selecting Eurocopter's EC225
- Lockheed Martin Named "Company of the Year" by Frost and Sullivan
- VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Completes Initial Vibration Testing Phase on Schedule
- Lockheed Martin UK Delivers Increased Capability For Merlin Mk1 With New Defensive Aids Suite
- Lockheed Martin UK Announce New Chief Executive
- Lockheed Martin UK Facility Achieves Employee Safety Certification
- Third VH-71 Presidential Production Helicopter Completes Initial Flight
- Lockheed Martin to Engineer National Cyber Range for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- First Production VH-71 Presidential Helicopter Arrives At Lockheed Martin To Start Final Production Phase
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2009 Results
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2009 Results
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin UK Facility Hosts Annual Supplier Awards
Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS has held their annual supplier awards at RAF Duxford in Cambridgeshire, in recognition of exceptional supplier performance during 2008.
As part of its commitment to provide the highest quality products and services to customers, Lockheed Martin operates a Preferred Supplier Programme (PSP) to assess, identify and reward suppliers who demonstrate sustained excellence in key performance areas, such as responsiveness and Quality Management systems.
Five suppliers received a Gold award, having achieved an exceptional delivery and quality score, based on their 2008 performance. Five suppliers received a Silver award and thirteen suppliers a Bronze award, all recording excellent on-time delivery and quality.
The UK winners are:
Advanced Metals International, IS-Rayfast Ltd, KEC Ltd, Packaging First Limited, Smiths Metal Centres Ltd.
Abbey Metal Finishing Ltd, Cromwell Tools Ltd, Jones Stroud Ltd, LPA Channel Electric Ltd, Propak Sheet Metal Ltd.
Aerovac Systems Ltd, Atlas Composites Ltd, Bodycote Thermal Processing, Cambridge Precision Ltd, Drurys Engineering Ltd, Gordano Support Group Ltd, Paint Services Group Ltd, Park Engineering Ltd, RD Taylor & Co Ltd, Self Adhesive Supplies Ltd, Taylor Knightley Engineering Company Ltd, Weedon Electronics Ltd, Westwire Harnessing Ltd.
Lockheed Martin UK - INSYS Supply Chain Director, Paul Bird, said: "We have built close relationships with many of our suppliers and fully appreciate that they are critical to the success of our programmes. These first-class suppliers deserve such recognition."
Lockheed Martin, located at Ampthill in Bedfordshire, is a leader in systems engineering, working on major programmes covering the defence, aerospace and civil sectors. With its niche capabilities and proven solutions, the facility is a partner of choice to supply many British Forces' requirements.
Lockheed Martin UK, a unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration working on major programmes spanning the defence, aerospace and civil sectors. The organisation works with more than 100 business partners and employs over 1700 people at sites across the UK.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 146,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation reported 2008 sales of $42.7 billion.