- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- Lockheed Martin UK Employee First To Receive Top Professional Accolade
- Lockheed Martin UK Starts Scout Turret Development
- First Flight Of Merlin MK2 Helicopter In Yeovil Signifies Major Milestone
- Lockheed Martin UK’s eSmart Toolset Supports Ministry Of Defence Project Guardian
- Lockheed Martin Announces Third Quarter 2010 Results
- Lockheed Martin UK Leads Research Into Delivering Improved Interoperability
- Lockheed Martin Delivers TOPSCENE® Tactical Terrain Visualization System to the United Kingdom
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2010 Results
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates How Supply Chain Relationship Management is Key to Enhanced Customer Value
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2010 Results
- Royal Navy Approves Use of Electronic Chart System on Vanguard Class Strategic Nuclear Submarines
- Lockheed Martin UK and Team Sparta Successfully Demonstrate Common Geospatial Tool Set Project
- Lockheed Martin UK Wins National Work Experience Award
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Compass Alignment Facility at RNAS Culdrose
- Lockheed Martin Exhibits at Forthcoming Science and Engineering Fair as a Corporate Sponsor
- Lockheed Martin Delivers Hawk MK2 Flying Training Device for UK Military Flying Training System
- Lockheed Martin Awarded $49.5 Million TADS/PNVS and M-TADS/PNVS Support Contract
- First UK Service Pilot Flies the Lockheed Martin F-35
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin Delivers Hawk MK2 Flying Training Device for UK Military Flying Training System
ORLANDO, FL, March 9, 2010 – Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has delivered the Hawk-T Mk 2 Flight Training Device (FTD) to Ascent for use in the UK Military Flying Training System at RAF Valley, Wales. Ascent is a joint venture of Lockheed Martin and VT plc., which was formed in June 2008 to provide military flying training to the UK Armed Forces for the next 25 years.
This training device is part of the Ground Based Training Environment element of Ascent’s Advanced Jet Training (AJT) service contract and is the first of five key deliveries on the AJT program. Designed and manufactured by Lockheed Martin Simulation, Training & Support, the flight simulator replicates the Hawk-T Mk 2 aircraft and will provide an initial training capability to allow for early conversion of pilots to the Hawk T Mk 2. It will also be used for syllabus development associated with the training service design and implementation.
“The delivery of this simulator is a key milestone for AJT and demonstrates our commitment to the success of the UK's Military Flying Training System program” said Jim Weitzel, vice president of Flight Solutions at Lockheed Martin Simulation, Training & Support. “MFTS is an exceptional example of using the Private-Public Partnership model as an effective solution for the lowest cost turnkey training.”
The FTD has been installed and is operational at RAF Valley in a temporary location, pending the completion of the new Squadron and Training facility currently under construction. Lockheed Martin will deliver six FTDs and other Trainers to Ascent for use in the AJT program.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation reported 2009 sales of $45.2 billion.