- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- Lockheed Martin UK Employee First To Receive Top Professional Accolade
- Lockheed Martin UK Starts Scout Turret Development
- First Flight Of Merlin MK2 Helicopter In Yeovil Signifies Major Milestone
- Lockheed Martin UK’s eSmart Toolset Supports Ministry Of Defence Project Guardian
- Lockheed Martin Announces Third Quarter 2010 Results
- Lockheed Martin UK Leads Research Into Delivering Improved Interoperability
- Lockheed Martin Delivers TOPSCENE® Tactical Terrain Visualization System to the United Kingdom
- Lockheed Martin Announces Second Quarter 2010 Results
- Lockheed Martin UK Demonstrates How Supply Chain Relationship Management is Key to Enhanced Customer Value
- Lockheed Martin Announces First Quarter 2010 Results
- Royal Navy Approves Use of Electronic Chart System on Vanguard Class Strategic Nuclear Submarines
- Lockheed Martin UK and Team Sparta Successfully Demonstrate Common Geospatial Tool Set Project
- Lockheed Martin UK Wins National Work Experience Award
- Royal Navy Commissions New Merlin Active Dipping Sonar Compass Alignment Facility at RNAS Culdrose
- Lockheed Martin Exhibits at Forthcoming Science and Engineering Fair as a Corporate Sponsor
- Lockheed Martin Delivers Hawk MK2 Flying Training Device for UK Military Flying Training System
- Lockheed Martin Awarded $49.5 Million TADS/PNVS and M-TADS/PNVS Support Contract
- First UK Service Pilot Flies the Lockheed Martin F-35
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin Awarded $49.5 Million TADS/PNVS and M-TADS/PNVS Support Contract
ORLANDO, FL, February 16, 2010 – AgustaWestland has awarded Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] a $49.5 million sustainment and support contract for the Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (TADS/PNVS) and Modernized TADS/PNVS (M-TADS/PNVS) systems on the U.K. Apache AH Mk-1 aircraft.
The contract provides complete post-production services, including spare parts, in-country repair and technical services, as well as integrated logistics, engineering and depot repair support. The effort is part of the overall Integrated Operational Support (IOS) solution for the U.K. Apache fleet provided by AgustaWestland to the U.K. Ministry of Defence (MoD). Support under the contract will continue through March 2014.
“This support contract will provide the necessary services to maintain the M-TADS/PNVS system in support of U.K. Apache operational needs,” said Tom Eldredge, Apache Fire Control International programs director at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “Our team is in position and is providing a cost-effective support solution that meets the needs of the Soldiers.”
For AgustaWestland, the support arrangement is a strategy for TADS/PNVS and M-TADS/PNVS product support that helps enable their overall IOS objective of an integrated performance package designed to optimize system readiness. The AgustaWestland IOS contract enables faster and more efficient technical solutions because the contractor assumes responsibility for total performance of a weapon system.
“The Apache is proving itself as one of the great success stories of defense procurement,” said Graham Cole, managing director at AgustaWestland. “The M-TADS/PNVS is making a very real operational difference in theater.”
The support contract will support both the legacy TADS/PNVS and Modernized TADS/PNVS through the end of the upgrade and integration process. Support activities will be performed in the U.K. and Orlando, FL.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 140,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation reported 2009 sales of $45.2 billion.