- 2013 Press Releases
- 2012 Press Releases
- Lockheed Martin UK Builds Manufacturing Knowledge and Excitement for Local Students at its Ampthill Site
- Lockheed Martin Appoints John Neilson to Lead Communications for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)
- United Kingdom Accepts First International Lockheed Martin F-35
- British F-35B and the first international Lockheed Martin Lightning II takes off from Naval Air Station Fort Worth
- Robert Kramer named Vice President and General Manager for Lockheed Martin UK Integrated Systems
- Second UK F-35B ferried to Eglin AFB, Florida
- Lockheed Martin UK Signs First Supplier Contracts on Warrior Upgrade Programme
- Warrior IFV Progress
- Lockheed Martin UK Builds Upon Growing Reputation for UK Government IT Work
- F-35A Achieves Maximum High Angle Of Attack Limit In Four Flights
- JAMES Technology Moves Further Forward into the Front Line
- F-35 Lightning II Programme Surpasses 5,000 Flight Hours
- New research partnership launched into quantum and nanotechnologies
- University partnership leads to improvement in protection for armoured vehicles
- Lockheed Martin and NASA de-orbit twin Grail spacecraft into the Moon
- 2011 Press Releases
- 2010 Press Releases
- 2009 Press Releases
- 2008 Press Releases
- 2007 Press Releases
- Signals Magazine
- Executive Speeches
Lockheed Martin Appoints John Neilson to Lead Communications for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)
LONDON, July 16, 2012: Lockheed Martin has appointed John Neilson to the newly created position of Communications Director, EMEA.
Neilson, who takes up his new London-based role with immediate effect, will be a member of the Lockheed Martin United Kingdom (LMUK) executive management team. He is responsible for leading the delivery of internal and external communications strategies and campaigns to support business growth and drive awareness both in the UK and internationally.
“John brings longstanding expertise in delivering results-driven communications campaigns within complex multinational markets", said Stephen Ball, Chief Executive of Lockheed Martin UK, "and I am thrilled to have him join my leadership team.”
John Neilson joins Lockheed Martin from BAE Systems where he was most recently VP International Communications, responsible for supporting and expanding business footprint in Australia, India and Saudi Arabia and multi-million pound business winning campaigns in Europe, the Middle East and Asia
A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations, he previously held a number of senior communications positions at BAE in both the UK and overseas, responsible for media relations, employee engagement, issues management, merger and acquisition and marketing communications. Before working at BAE Systems, Neilson spent nine years with Nissan Motor Company, where he headed the communications team for its European manufacturing and design centres.
Commenting on his new role, Neilson said, “Lockheed Martin is a customer focused, global technology leader. I’m excited by the challenge of working as part of the team to broaden its business footprint in the UK, deepen partnerships with academia and world class British suppliers and secure new export business, in both the defence and commercial sectors, for technologies and capabilities developed by its British engineers.”
About Lockheed Martin
Lockheed Martin UK, part of Lockheed Martin Corporation, is a leader in systems integration, working on major programmes spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors. Lockheed Martin UK works with more than 100 business partners and employs 2,000 people at 17 sites across the country.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 123,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion.
Lockheed Martin UK media contacts:
John Neilson, 07771 377 027; email@example.com