2012 Quick Facts
STEM Educational Outreach
- Through Engineers in the Classroom, Aeronautics reached tens of thousands of students in 2012.
- Aeronautics has trained more than 300 professionals to visit local classrooms and lead hands-on presentations that encourage students to pursue STEM careers.
- Aeronautics employees donated more than 200,000 community service hours in 2012.
- 356 employees received the Lockheed Martin Community Service Award for volunteering more than 250 community service hours throughout the year.
- Lockheed Martin donated $89,000 to local non-profits through the service of the Community Service Award recipients.
- 520 employees received President Obama’s President’s Volunteer Service Award for volunteering more than 100 hours in a given year.
Through the LM AERO Club, or Aeronautics Employees Reaching Out, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics employees donated 3.5 million to local non-profit organizations:
- $1,750,000 to local United Way and their partner agencies.
- $30,000 to focus area charities ($10,000 each to American Red Cross; Boy & Girls Club of Fort Worth and YWCA of Fort Worth).
- $139,000 to local non-united Way agencies (including MDA, Goodfellow Fund, Gill Children’s Service, Cowboy Santa, BBBS, Junior Achievement, Tarrant Area Food Bank, Audubon Society, American Heart Association).
- $300,000 in grants to local non-profit organizations.
- $250,000 in funds provided to employees through the employee emergency aid fund.
Additionally, Aeronautics provided $3.5 million to educational, customer and community events.