5500 County Road 37
Troy, AL 36081
Troy Map (PNG, 30.4 KB)
Lockheed Martin’s Pike County Operations facility is a manufacturing, final assembly, test and storage operation for many of the missile programs supported by Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC). Located in Troy, Alabama, it has 38 structures on 3,863 acres, including four major production buildings.
The facility’s 350-plus employees support final assembly of MFC missiles, including Javelin, the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile, the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) and air-to-ground missiles. It also manufactures missiles and hardware for a variety of development programs.
In November 2012, the Pike County Operations facility was one of eleven MFC facilities selected as a recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for performance excellence and quality achievement. The facility received IndustryWeek magazine’s Best Plants Award in 1997 and 2012, and the James S. Cogswell Award for Superior Industrial Security in 2011. Other awards include the 2007 Alabama Quality Award, the 2007 National Safety Council Perfect Record Award, the 2006 Alabama Manufacturer of the Year and the 2002 Shingo Award for manufacturing excellence.
From Montgomery Regional Airport - Dannelly Field
- From the exit of Montgomery Airport, turn right.
- Head to I-65
- Turn left, heading north toward Birmingham/Montgomery.
- Stay in right lane.
- Take first exit to eastbound E. South Blvd, Highways 80/82.
- After about 6 miles, turn right onto US 231 South.
- After driving south about 30 miles, turn left past Highway Marker 89 onto County Road 37.
- Drive about 2 miles (passing through a 4-way stop) until you see the plant on the right.
- Follow directions to park at Visitor Center.
Environmental, Safety and Health Policy
The Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) Policy of Missiles and Fire Control is to operate our facilities in a regulatory compliant, responsible manner that protects the environment and surrounding communities, commits to pollution prevention and prevention of occupational injury and ill health, conserves natural resources, and provides a safe and healthful workplace for employees, contractors and visitors. The policy requires employees to:
- Integrate ESH considerations into strategic business decisions, engineering design, procurement, facilities management and production.
- Continually improve the environmental aspects and safety and health performance of our business and incorporate establish and review ESH goals in applicable performance measurements.
- Cultivate ESH responsibility by all employees at all organizational levels and those who work on behalf of and under the control of the company.
JASSM is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by Lockheed Martin Corporation;
THAAD is a trademark of Lockheed Martin Corporation; JAVELIN is a trademark of Javelin JV. All Rights Reserved.