Lockheed Martin is under contract to incorporate two new upgrades to the current MLRS system. The new M270A1 launcher appears identical to existing M270s while incorporating an Improved Fire Control System (IFCS) and an Improved Launcher Mechanical System (ILMS). M270A1 launchers feature improved survivability, reduced operating cost, increased munition options and GPS navigation. The U.S. Army began converting the U.S. MLRS fleet to M270A1 in 2002.
- Greatly increased responsiveness
- Meets Digitized Corps requirements
- 83 percent reduction in aim time
- 38 percent reduction in reload time
- 38 percent reduction in O&S costs
- State-of-the-art electronics
- Embedded GPS/Inertial Navigation System
- First Unit Equipped in FY02
- Advanced fault isolation capability
MLRS M270A1 is a trademark of Lockheed Martin Corporation.
MLRS is a registered trademark of Lockheed Martin Corporation.