Since 1993, Lockheed Martin Laser and Sensor Systems has used its extensive laser expertise to focus on our customers’ most difficult challenges. Whether it’s increasing the visibility for helicopter pilots in brownout conditions or developing next generation high power lasers for Directed Energy, Lockheed Martin delivers innovative laser solutions for the defense, aerospace, industrial, and scientific markets.
As one of the industry’s leading laser centers of excellence including design and production, Lockheed Martin Laser and Sensor Systems is recognized around the world for design, development and production of robust, reliable and innovative lasers. Through our expertise in high power fiber lasers and long history with pulsed fiber lasers, Lockheed Martin has built a set of core capabilities for applications including: directed energy; electro-optic countermeasure systems (EOCM); short-wave infrared (SWIR); active and passive imaging and targeting; 3D mapping; proximity operations; scientific application; and online fluid monitoring sensors for condition-based maintenance.
Core capabilities include:
- Proven fiber Spectral Beam Combined (SBC) lasers with industry leading Power-in-the-Bucket Efficiency (PIBE)
- High power, high beam quality, continuous wave (cw) and pulsed fiber lasers
- Spectral beam-combined fiber lasers for directed energy systems
- Electro-optic countermeasure systems
- Short-wave infrared (SWIR) electro-optic passive and active sensors and targeting systems
- Broadly-tunable IR and visible fiber lasers
- Online fluid monitoring sensors