Gary Cambre Public Affairs Sr. Communications Manager
- Environmental Testing & Cleanup
- Community Programs & Events
- Contact Us
- News & Information
Tallevast Blog 2013
- Tallevast Blog Archive
- Construction Activities Moving Forward
- System Testing and Detail Work Continues
- Lots of Testing in Preparation of Facility Completion
- Work Continuing on Pre-System Startup Operations
- Pre-System Startup Operations in Process
- Training and Testing for Operational Readiness
- Equipment and Operations Being Tested and Double-Checked
- Preparations Continuing Toward Operations Startup Goal
- Punch List Items Being Addressed at Vault Locations and Facility
- Training and Testing Continue Toward System Startup
- Operational Readiness Continues
- Site Improvements Being Completed
- Pre-System Startup Activities Continue
- Training and Preparation Activities Work Toward System Startup
- Tallevast Blog 2012
Construction Activities Moving Forward
Friday, January 11, 2013
CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES MOVING FORWARD
On the Lockheed Martin facility this week, crews continued treatment system programming and testing process equipment and communications systems. Installation crews completed construction of the aluminum walkways and handrails, and continued to address process area punch list items.
In the office area, the air conditioning system was started up in preparation for flooring installation. Crews also continued addressing painting, tile, fire alarm system, and office area punch list items.
In the field, we completed the installation of the last on-facility extraction well vault, and substantially completed installing well pumps and vault hardware. Crews also continued testing communications, addressing punch list items, and installing wiring at off-facility well vault and control panel locations.
Next week, building crews will continue testing process equipment and communications systems, and addressing punch list items in both process and office areas.
Field crews will continue installing off-facility wiring, protective bollards and shrubbery around several of the off facility structures, and addressing punch list items. Field contractors will begin demobilizing heavy equipment from the site.
As always, if anyone has any questions about these construction activities, please give me a call at 941-554-3862 or 1-800-449-4486 and I’ll do my best to get the appropriate answers to your questions.