- Environmental Testing & Cleanup
- Community Programs & Events
- Contact Us
- News & Information
Tallevast Blog 2013
- Tallevast Blog Archive
- Construction Activities Moving Forward
- System Testing and Detail Work Continues
- Lots of Testing in Preparation of Facility Completion
- Work Continuing on Pre-System Startup Operations
- Pre-System Startup Operations in Process
- Training and Testing for Operational Readiness
- Equipment and Operations Being Tested and Double-Checked
- Preparations Continuing Toward Operations Startup Goal
- Punch List Items Being Addressed at Vault Locations and Facility
- Training and Testing Continue Toward System Startup
- Operational Readiness Continues
- Site Improvements Being Completed
- Pre-System Startup Activities Continue
- Training and Preparation Activities Work Toward System Startup
- Tallevast Blog 2012
Activities Moving Forward for RAPA Construction
Friday, July 27th, 2012
This week on the Lockheed Martin facility, building crews continued caulking, painting, metal and plywood roof decking, trusses, and window installation. Plumbers and electricians continued installation of conduits inside the building. The roofing contractor continued roofing system gutter and soffits construction.
Installation of the new sewer tie-in was completed to the building. Additionally, wall bracing was removed and interior office area framing began. Horizontal drilling activities, trenching and vault installation also continued at the facility.
Pressure testing of the piping continued at off-facility locations. The site also continued receiving facility process equipment, including fiberglass tanks.
Next week, we will continue to install decking, roofing membrane and soffit on the lower building roof elevations. Plumbers and electricians will continue to install conduits inside the building, and interior office area framing will also continue. We will also continue receiving and installing process equipment. On-facility excavation, vault installation, and horizontal drilling for piping installation will be done also.
In the community, contractors will continue to install components in the control panels and vaults. Additionally, we will complete the potable water line connection to the Manatee County service line, pending the outcome of our scheduled meeting with Manatee County. Horizontal drilling activities will begin on Tallevast Road near the post office and adjacent to the site.
As always, if anyone has any questions about these construction activities, please give me a call at 941-554-3862 or 1-800-449-4486 and I’ll do my best to get the appropriate answers to your questions.