Gary Cambre Public Affairs Sr. Communications Manager
- Environmental Testing & Cleanup
- Community Programs & Events
- Contact Us
- News & Information
Tallevast Blog 2013
- Tallevast Blog Archive
- Construction Activities Moving Forward
- System Testing and Detail Work Continues
- Lots of Testing in Preparation of Facility Completion
- Work Continuing on Pre-System Startup Operations
- Pre-System Startup Operations in Process
- Training and Testing for Operational Readiness
- Equipment and Operations Being Tested and Double-Checked
- Preparations Continuing Toward Operations Startup Goal
- Punch List Items Being Addressed at Vault Locations and Facility
- Training and Testing Continue Toward System Startup
- Operational Readiness Continues
- Site Improvements Being Completed
- Pre-System Startup Activities Continue
- Training and Preparation Activities Work Toward System Startup
- Tallevast Blog 2012
Work Continuing Steadily Up to Thanksgiving Holiday Next Week
Friday, November 16, 2012
This week on the Lockheed Martin facility, conveyance system crews continued installing conveyance piping and installing manholes and structures on the east side of the site. Crews also began installing the last two on-facility vaults located on the southern end of the property.
Contractors also continued tie-ins on 15th street East, and work began on the infiltration gallery near the Waste Pro pond. Crews continued setting pumps and hardware in the on-facility and off-facility extraction wells and vaults. Pressure testing of conveyance piping continued for quality control purposes.
Building construction continued with the installation of electrical conduit and piping in the process area. Work was completed on the exterior decorative corbels. Office area contractors continued finish work for drywall and painting, installed the countertop in the break area, and also installed mirrors, toilets and lockers in the bathrooms.
The treatment system process operating system hard drives were delivered to the site. Technicians continued instrument configuration and began testing of the electrical system. The building water service line was pressure tested for quality control purposes.
Next week will be a shortened work week with no work being conducted on Thursday Nov. 22 or Friday, Nov. 23 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. But through Wednesday, conveyance system crews will continue tie-ins, installing pumps in the extraction wells, and pulling electrical and communication wiring to the well vaults. Contractors will also continue working on the infiltration gallery near the Waste Pro pond. Pressure testing of conveyance piping will continue for quality control purposes.
Building construction will continue with electrical wiring and testing, and small diameter piping installations in the process area. Finish painting, cabinetry, and bathroom trim work will continue. Upon water service being established to the building, the tap on Tallevast Road will be abandoned. Technicians will continue instrument configuration and testing of the communications systems.
As always, if anyone has any questions about these construction activities, please give me a call at 941-554-3862 or 1-800-449-4486 and I’ll do my best to get the appropriate answers to your questions.