Gary Cambre Public Affairs Sr. Communications Manager
- Environmental Testing & Cleanup
- Community Programs & Events
- Contact Us
- News & Information
Tallevast Blog 2013
- Tallevast Blog Archive
- Construction Activities Moving Forward
- System Testing and Detail Work Continues
- Lots of Testing in Preparation of Facility Completion
- Work Continuing on Pre-System Startup Operations
- Pre-System Startup Operations in Process
- Training and Testing for Operational Readiness
- Equipment and Operations Being Tested and Double-Checked
- Preparations Continuing Toward Operations Startup Goal
- Punch List Items Being Addressed at Vault Locations and Facility
- Training and Testing Continue Toward System Startup
- Operational Readiness Continues
- Site Improvements Being Completed
- Pre-System Startup Activities Continue
- Training and Preparation Activities Work Toward System Startup
- Tallevast Blog 2012
Water Conveyance System Objectives Being Completed
Friday, November 30, 2012
This week, water conveyance system crews completed installation of fiber-optic cabling to the well network, and also completed installation of the infiltration gallery and electrical control panel on the Waste Pro property.
Contractors continued installing pumps and transducers on-facility, in the Airport Commerce Center and on the Castoro property. Crews began installing pumps in the wells located on 78th Avenue East. On-facility crews continued pressure testing for quality control purposes.
Building construction continued with painting in the tool room and receiving areas, finish work in the bathrooms, and testing of the fire alarm system. Crews completed the installation of metal shelving in the janitor closet, and the manual dock leveler in the loading area.
Crews also continued process area piping work and began installing safety handrails. Testing began on the process area air compressor system and crews continued preparing the office air conditioning system for startup. Technicians continued instrument configuration, system programming and testing of the building electrical system.
Next week, building construction will continue with electrical wiring and testing, and handrail and piping installations in the process area. Finish painting and office area trim work will continue as well. Technicians will work on instrument configuration and testing of the communications systems.
Conveyance system crews will continue installing pumps and transducers in the extraction wells, and pulling electrical wiring to the well vaults. Contractors will perform restoration activities at the Waste Pro infiltration gallery and on 15th Street East. Contractors will also continue to demobilize equipment and unused materials from the site. Pressure testing of conveyance piping will continue for quality control purposes.
As always, if anyone has any questions about these construction activities, please give me a call at 941-554-3862 or 1-800-449-4486 and I’ll do my best to get the appropriate answers to your questions.