Who We Are
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 115,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Lockheed Martin is led by Marillyn A. Hewson, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
CUSTOMER BASE: As a global security, aerospace, and information technology company, the majority of Lockheed Martin's business is with the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. federal government agencies. In fact, Lockheed Martin is the largest provider of IT services, systems integration, and training to the U.S. Government. The remaining portion of Lockheed Martin's business is comprised of international government and some commercial sales of our products, services and platforms.
ORGANIZATION: Lockheed Martin's operating units are organized into broad business areas.
- Aeronautics, with approximately $14.1 billion in 2013 sales which includes tactical aircraft, airlift, and aeronautical research and development lines of business.
- Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS), with approximately $8.3 billion in 2013 sales that includes C4I, federal services, government and commercial IT solutions.
- Missiles and Fire Control, with approximately $7.7 billion in 2013 sales that includes the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System, Joint Light Tactical Vehicle, PAC-3 Missiles as some of its high-profile programs.
- Mission Systems and Training with approximately $7.1 billion in 2013 sales, which includes naval systems, platform integration, simulation and training and energy programs lines of business.
- Space Systems, with approximately $7.9 billion in 2013 sales which includes space launch, commercial satellites, government satellites, and strategic missiles lines of business.
- 2013 Sales: $45.4 Billion
- Backlog: $82.6 Billion
- Cash Flow from Operations: $4.5 billion
- Stock Ticker Symbol: LMT, on the New York Stock Exchange. Ranked 58th on the 2012 Fortune 500 list of largest industrial corporations
(All amounts approximate)
Our Mission: We solve complex challenges, advance scientific discovery and deliver innovative solutions to help our customers keep people safe and provide them essential services.
Our Vision: Be the global leader in supporting our customers to strengthen global security, deliver citizen services, and advance scientific discovery.
- Do What's Right
- Respect Others
- Perform With Excellence
Employees: 115,000 employees in the United States and internationally
Operations: 572 facilities in 500 cities and 50 states throughout the U.S.; Internationally, business locations in 75 nations and territories
Lockheed Martin Corporation
6801 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817