Military & Veteran Support
We never forget who we're working for. At Lockheed Martin, those aren’t merely words – but the way we conduct business, give back to the community, and define ourselves as a corporation. A core component of that definition is the support we provide for our Service members, Veterans and Military Families.
We owe a great debt to those who have given so much of themselves and we at Lockheed Martin strive to serve and honor those who have served us, from our hiring and employment programs to our philanthropic contributions, fund-raising efforts and volunteer activities.
Here are just a few of the ways we support our Military and Veteran communities:
Employing the Finest: Our Nation’s Veterans
Transitioning Service members and Veterans deserve employment that honors their service and puts their unique skills and leadership ability to use.
- In partnership with our dedicated Military Relations Team, Lockheed Martin participates in Veteran hiring fairs shares best practices in hiring and retaining Veterans with other companies on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hiring Our Heroes Veterans Employer Advisory Council.
- Our employees are mentoring transitioning Veterans, military spouses and spouses of fallen service members through the American Corporate Partners mentorship program.
Helping Our Wounded Warriors in Recovery, Rehabilitation and Transition
- As the lead corporate sponsor of Operation Mend our contributions allow severely wounded troops receive reconstructive surgery on the road to recovery.
- We are enabling hundreds of Veterans to receive the training and education they need to start their own business through our partnership with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families Entrepreneurship Bootcamps for Veterans.
Serving Those Who Serve: Our Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Service members
- Lockheed Martin is a committed partner of the USO, and our employees throughout the country are engaged in volunteer efforts to help the USO meet the needs of our military members and their families.
- Our support to Our Military Kids helps to provide scholarships for military children with a deployed or wounded parent to pursue extra-curricular activities, reducing their stress and improving their quality of life..
Connecting Our Communities with the Military: Paying tribute to the Legacy of our Armed Forces
- We have made long term commitments to ensure that each branch of Service has the resources to share its rich history and provide highly valuable educational programs to the public.