Strategic Affairs and Finance Charter
(a) Membership. The Strategic Affairs and Finance Committee (the “SAF Committee”) shall consist of three (3) or more directors. The members of the SAF Committee shall be elected by and serve at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors shall designate a chairman from among the membership of the SAF Committee. Upon recommendation by the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, the Board of Directors may remove any member of the SAF Committee at any time. Vacancies on the SAF Committee shall be filled by the Board of Directors.
(b) Responsibilities. The SAF Committee shall:
(1) review and recommend to the Board of Directors management’s long-term strategy for the Corporation, which shall include the allocation of corporate resources;
(2) review and recommend to the Board of Directors certain strategic decisions regarding exit from existing lines of business and entry into new lines of business, acquisitions, joint ventures, investments or dispositions of businesses and assets, and the financing of related transactions;
(3) review the allocation of corporate resources recommended by management, including the relationship of activities and allocations with the long-term business objectives and strategic plans of the Corporation;
(4) review the financial condition of the Corporation, the status of all benefit plans and proposed changes to the capital structure of the Corporation, including the incurrence of indebtedness and the issuance of additional equity securities, and will make related recommendations to the Board of Directors for adoption; and
(5) review on an annual basis the proposed capital expenditure budget of the Corporation and make recommendations to the Board of Directors for adoption.
The SAF Committee shall, except when such powers are by statute, the Charter or the Bylaws either reserved to the Board of Directors or delegated to another committee of the Board of Directors, possess all of the powers of the Board of Directors in the management of the strategic and financial affairs of the Corporation. All action by the SAF Committee shall be reported to the Board of Directors at its meeting next succeeding such action and shall be subject to revision and alteration by the Board of Directors.
- Nolan D. Archibald – Chairman
- David B. Burritt
- James O. Ellis, Jr.
- James M. Loy
- Joseph W. Ralston