Stump the Skunk Contest Rules
These are the official rules that govern how the Lockheed Martin Stump the Skunk AUVSI Contest (the “Contest”) will operate. This is a skill-based contest. The object of this Contest is to create a question related to unmanned aerial systems, drones and/or laser beam-powered aircraft. For purpose of this Contest, the question you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “entry.” Entry eligibility will be determined using the criteria described below and the judges will select one person who will receive the prize described below.
The Contest starts at 4:00 PM EDT on July 30, 2012 and ends at 5:00 PM EDT on August 3, 2012. (the “Entry Period”). Entries received within the Entry Period will be eligible. Any entries received outside of those dates will not be accepted.
The Contest is open to individuals who are:
- aged 18 or over;
- residents of United States of America excluding residents of Arizona, Puerto Rico and other US territories or possessions;
- not Lockheed Martin employees or employees of any Lockheed Martin parent, subsidiary or group company;
- not involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- not an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of:
- Lockheed Martin employee;
- an employee of a Lockheed Martin parent, subsidiary or group company; or
- a person involved any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
Each participant shall be responsible for ensuring that their participation in, and entry into, this Contest is valid and in compliance with their relevant local law. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
To be eligible for the Contest, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- Your entry must include a question about unmanned systems, drones and/or laser beam-powered aircraft; and
- Your question must be 50 words or less and written in the English language.
Your entry must only include material that is proper and appropriate to the Contest and without limiting the generality of the foregoing you shall not submit material that:
- violates the legal rights (such as rights of privacy or intellectual property rights where applicable) of another;
- falsifies the origin or source of any content or other material;
- may be considered likely to provoke, offend, threaten, defame or harass others;
- Is not your own original work violates the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, logos, or names without their express written consent; or
- contains libellous, abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist, sexually explicit, obscene or otherwise vulgar or in bad taste material.
We will automatically disqualify:
- any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- any entry that we receive from you that does not comply with the entry requirements described above (whether they exceed the word limit, contravene the content restrictions set out immediately above or otherwise).
To submit your entry, you must complete the Stump the Skunk contest entry form at: www.facebook.com/lockheedmartin. No purchase is necessary in order to participate in the Contest.
We will only accept one entry per person and per email address. In other words, two people may not enter using the same email address, you each must enter using a unique email address. Similarly, the same person cannot enter the Contest via two different email addresses.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive during the Entry Period for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not understandable for any reason.
The prize package comprises a Skunk Works®-branded prize pack valued at less than $50. The total estimated retail value of all prizes is less than $50. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. Winners may not exchange the prize for cash or any other merchandise or services.
We reserve the right to substitute the prize (or any element of it) for an alternative one of the same or higher value. The prize is personal to the individual entering the Contest. If selected as a winner, you may not designate someone else as the winner or to receive the prize in your place.
If you are selected as a potential winner of this Contest and you are unwilling or unable to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate winner selected by the judges.
If you accept the prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
Winning entries will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of Lockheed Martin employees who will review all eligible entries received during the Entry Period and select one winner based upon the following criteria:
Fifty percent based on the question’s technical difficulty; and fifty percent based on the interest level of the question.
The names of the judges will be made available on request by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the promoter (details below). The decisions of these judges are final and binding in every circumstance (including any not covered by these Official Rules) and no correspondence will be entered into.
We may withdraw your prize entitlement and award the prize to an alternate selected winner if we are unable to contact you after reasonable efforts.
If there is a dispute as to who is the winner, we will consider the winner to be the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest.
By submitting your entry to the Contest, you:
- agree to abide by these Official Rules;
- understand and agree that your entry will be the sole property of Lockheed Martin and may be used by Lockheed Martin for any purpose;
- agree to the use of your proper name, state/county of residence, image and/or entry online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest (including for the purposes of announcing the identity of the winners and/or in any promotional activity following the Contest), without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law;
- understand and acknowledge that we may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your entry and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
- understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules;
- understand that Lockheed Martin’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
- agree that Lockheed Martin its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents are not liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection with this Contest (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, income or goodwill), the use of or participation in any prize or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of Lockheed Martin or its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents, save for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including fraud or for death or personal injury caused by negligence).
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any use of your entry by visitors to this website which has not been authorized by Lockheed Martin. However, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
These Official Rules and this Contest will be governed by the laws of Maryland, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Maryland courts for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
If, in our sole discretion someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. If this happens, we will notify all entrants of the cancellation, change or suspension via email sent to the email address listed on their entry. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
Lockheed Martin Corporation is the promoter of the Contest. Our contact details are as follows:
Lockheed Martin Corporation
6801 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817
United States of America
If any of these Official Rules should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Official Rules and the remaining terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
Entry to the Contest shall constitute your acceptance of these Official Rules and your agreement to be bound by them. These Official Rules take effect immediately on your entry to the Contest. If these Official Rules are not accepted in full, then you should not enter the Contest