Lockheed Martin Australia Graduate Development Program
The Lockheed Martin Graduate Development Program is designed to expose you to unique learning opportunities, while contributing to stimulating, groundbreaking projects.
Lockheed Martin graduates are driven and ambitious team players, passionate about building a better tomorrow.
We are seeking motivated and flexible graduates with a passion for delivering innovative outcomes. Applicants must also possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
We have opportunities for Hardware Engineers and Software Engineers in Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Newcastle, with qualifications in one of the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Software engineering
- Mechatronics/Mechanical engineering
- Electronic/Electrical engineering; or
- Other relevant disciplines.
- Graduate Software Engineer - Adelaide
- Graduate Software Engineer - Canberra
- Graduate Software Engineer - Melbourne
- Graduate Hardware Engineer - Adelaide
- Graduate Hardware Engineer - Canberra
- Graduate Hardware Engineer - Newcastle
- Two-year structured Graduate Development program
- A structured induction program
- On the job training in company specific processes and techniques
- Mentoring program
- Access to leading technology and thought leadership
- An opportunity to engage with senior leaders
- Offsite development days and an established career development plan.
Our Graduate Recruitment process consists of the following stages:
- Application: Applications open for our 2018 program on 12th February 2018 and will close by 8th April 2018
- Video Interview: If you are shortlisted, you will progress to an online video interview
- Online testing: Shortlisted candidates will undertake online testing
- Selection Interview: Candidates who reach this stage will be interviewed by a selection panel of technical experts, business leaders and human resources personnel. The interviews will be conducted in May-June 2018
- Offer: Selected candidates will be made an offer by mid 2018 and will be expected to start work in January 2019.
Lockheed Martin Australia supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the Workplace.
What our grads say
"I was attracted to Lockheed Martin Australia because of its involvement in the Future Submarine Project and F-35 Lightning II.
"The Graduate Development Program has expanded my knowledge and experience of engineering. I have gained an understanding of the business processes necessary to run a large multi-billion dollar project, while being exposed to different fields of engineering and how they interact.
"Within Lockheed Martin, I have found a supportive culture with a high level of professionalism and a standard for excellence."
"As a graduate coming straight out of university, I have found it very exciting to work on large and important projects.
"I have been provided with the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects that don’t necessarily fall within my areas of knowledge. This is valuable as it allows me to grow in my abilities and confidence.
"I chose the Lockheed Martin Graduate Development Program as it provides a structured introduction to working as a professional engineer in a large company."
Our graduates represent Lockheed Martin Australia at career fairs and expos. Here are some of their comments:
“Representing Lockheed Martin was awesome and a lot of fun.”
“I’m straight out of Adelaide University so to be there representing Lockheed Martin was a proud moment for me.”
“The students were very interested in what Lockheed Martin does and what the engineers at Lockheed Martin do. It felt really good to be a representative of the company.”
“I focused on my experience working for Lockheed Martin and they were very interested hearing a personal perspective on the nature of our work.”
“It was fairly busy with a constant flow of people coming and talking to us and wanting to know more about Lockheed Martin. They were very engaged.”
Lockheed Martin Australia is recognised by GradAustralia as one of the top organisation that Australian University Students would like to work for in the engineering services, design and manufacturing sector.
Australia’s Top 100 Graduate Employer survey, conducted by GradAustralia, ranks and evaluates the most desirable employers to work for as a university graduate based on feedback from students across higher education institutions around Australia. The survey provides a valuable insight into what students are looking for in employers and careers.