HALIFAX Class Modernization
Canada’s Trusted Combat System Integrator
For more than three decades, Lockheed Martin Canada has demonstrated its capability and commitment to the Royal Canadian Navy as the Prime Contractor and Combat System Integrator for the HALIFAX Class Frigates.
Awarded in late 2008, the $2B contract started with a complete design phase. The company is working in partnership with the navy and shipyards on both east and west coasts to replace major critical sensors, command and control systems, modernize the operations room and deliver a suite of related simulation/training systems.
Modernized ships have returned to the fleet and are now conducting Canada's important missions. Lockheed Martin Canada continues to manage the highly complex and multi-dimensional program through:
- Proven naval combat system integration experience and a vast resource base of expertise
- Direct experience with the deployed combat system
- Worldwide ship integration experience
- Tight collaboration with the Royal Canadian Navy, shipyards, subcontractors and design agent
- Verified open architecture systems, enabling rapid technology insertion to meet future operational requirements