RoKST&R General Guidelines for Abstract Submissions
RoKST&R – Republic of Korea Science, Technology, and Research
Abstract Submission Requirements
- Abstracts should be submitted via a single point of contact at each university to ROKSTAR.Proposals@lmco.com.
- Multiple abstracts from a university are encouraged; however, a maximum of five are recommended.
- Each abstract must be text-only, use the provided template, and have a maximum of 750 words.
- Do not include any links to other materials.
- The period of performance for a proposed project may not exceed 12 months.
- Do not include any confidential or proprietary information in the abstract.
- Each email submitting an abstract must state in the Subject Line “Abstract Submission of [Name of University] -- No Confidential or Proprietary Material Contained.” Submissions without the required subject line text will be immediately deleted without opening.
- The abstract document must also state that it “contains no confidential or proprietary information”. If it does not, the abstract will be immediately deleted without review by any LM personnel.
- Submit only one abstract per email message.
- Abstract and proposals should be submitted in English.
- Download the Abstract Template
- All abstracts should relate to and support Lockheed Martin’s key Technology Threads
- Autonomy and Robotics
- Multiple unmanned vehicle command and control
- Dynamic mission/route planning
- Human-machine concurrent learning and Human-machine modeling, simulation and assessment
- Signal Processing and Communications
- Near real-time understanding and identification of electromagnetic spectrum
- Cross platform coordination in stressful information environment
- Data Analytics
- Efficient methods for large and high-velocity data set computation
- Data conditioning techniques using novel algorithms
- Cognitive computing and deep learning methods
- Autonomy and Robotics
Key Dates for Abstracts
- April 26, 2017 to May 31, 2017 - Abstract submission period.
- June 21, 2017 - Lockheed Martin notifies selected abstracts for proposal submission.
Process Following Abstract Receipt
- A confirmation receipt for each abstract will be emailed to the single point of contact at each university.
- Criteria used in the evaluations will include, but not necessarily be limited to, abstract clarity, overall scientific and technical merit, and the degree to which the proposed research aligns with Lockheed Martin strategic technology interests.
What Happens Next and Approximate Dates
- Selected abstract authors will be invited by June 21, 2017 to submit a formal proposal for their project, due August 4, 2017.
- Selected abstract proposals may include confidential and/or proprietary information, provided they first execute a Non-Disclosure Agreement with Lockheed Martin.
- Further instructions and proposal requirements will be indicated when proposals are invited.
- Selection of project proposals and their funding levels are based on the complexity of the project, overall scientific merit, and their applicability to Lockheed Martin's technology interests.
- Proposals contracted for research are anticipated to begin in late September to November 2017.
- The acceptance of an abstract and/or solicitation of a proposal does not imply funding by Lockheed Martin