North Texas Warming Center Information
We recognize many of our employees in the North Texas region are currently experiencing power outages due to the severe weather. Below please find a consolidated list of area warming centers that we will continue to update as more information is provided by local resources.
Also, we have established a warming center at our Grand Prairie site for employees and their family members. If employees choose to come in, they are required to be socially distanced and wear masks, per CDC and company COVID guidance. Pets are not allowed. Employees who choose to go to the Grand Prairie facility should use the main entrance in the Thayer Building.
Please note, only travel to any of the facilities listed if you feel safe driving on the roads. Also watch your local weather forecast as additional snowfall/icy conditions are expected this evening in the region. Please check this link prior to traveling to any of the sites listed below to ensure they are still active.
Additionally, a Federal Emergency Declaration has been issued for Texas and the company is working to activate the Lockheed Martin Employee Disaster Relief Fund. More details will be shared directly with employees in the region.
Local Area Warming Centers
- Addison Athletic Club, 3900 Beltway Dr.
- Please bring face masks, bedding and food. No pets. COVID-19 protocols in place.
- Bedford, Hurst, H-E-B School District
Arlington Warming Shelter
- The City’s Dottie Lynn Recreation Center at 3200 Norwood Lane will be open as an Emergency Warming Station from noon to 8 p.m. today, Feb. 16, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 17.
Bedford, Hurst, HEB ISD
- Central Junior High, 3191 W. Pipeline Rd., Euless.
- Bedford, in partnership with the City of Hurst and HEB ISD will open a warming center at 5 p.m. Tuesday that can accommodate up to 150 people..
- The warming center is expected to transition to an overnight shelter. Some cots will be available, but people are encouraged to bring their own bedding and food. No pets. Masks required.
- Zula B. Wylie Public Library, 225 Cedar St.
- Newman Smith High School, 2335 N. Josey Lane.
- The center will be open through Friday. Masks are required, COVID-19 measures in place. Details https://cityofcarrollton.com/Home/Components/News/News/4040/27.
- City Hall Complex, 100 Main St.
- The CORE, 234 Parkway Blvd.
- Face masks and social distancing from members of other households inside the center required. No cots or beds available.
The following facilities are open with access to the sitting area, water, and restrooms. Masks are required; disposable masks and hand sanitizer are available at the door. Please note, the City shifted the emergency station from Denton Civic Center to the MLK Jr. Rec Center and has assisted transporting current guests and their belongings.
- MLK Jr. Rec Center (Emergency Station) Update, as of Monday, Feb. 15 at 1 p.m 1300 Wilson St. | (940) 349-8575 Currently open 24 hours a day until further notice. Water, snack-type food, and basic sanitary items will be available. Pets are permitted and cots will be provided for overnight guests.
- North Lakes Rec Center (Warming Station) 2001 W. Windsor Dr. | (940) 349-8287 Monday-Wednesday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. | Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Open Feb. 13-17
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas, 650 S Griffin St.
- The warming center is a 24-hour intake until noon on Wednesday, Feb. 17. Residents can access the warming center on Canton Street (pass the guard shack and The Black Academy of Arts and Letters). The warming center is located in Exhibit Hall A. Residents will be provided a chair and table, and should bring in meals for themselves and their family. Water, coffee and light snacks will be available. The warming center is not an overnight shelter and cots will not be provided.
- COVID-19 screening will be required at sign-in. No ID required. The warming center is setup for proper social distancing. Mask usage required.
DeSoto Faith Bible Church
- In case you are without electricity and heat and are in need of some place to warm up, the City of DeSoto has opened a shelter in Faith Bible’s gym. There are cots, electricity, heat, security. 1437 W Pleasant Run Rd, DeSoto, TX 75115
Ennis Warming Shelter
- Ennis – Bluebonnet Call Center – 972-695-3524. People will be directed to an appropriate facility when calling this number.
- Euless Family Life Recreation Center, 300 W. Midway.
- Community Recreation Center, 14050 Heartside Pl.
- Open until 5 p.m. Tuesday, COVID-19 protocols in place. Residents should bring their own bedding and food.
Ferris Warming Station
- First Baptist Church in conjunction with the City of Ferris is offering their facility as a warming shelter during this unprecedented weather event. Please note, this is available to anyone in the community and COVID social distancing and mask protocols are mandatory. There is simply no guarantee that power will remain available with the rolling blackouts, but they have allowed the facility to be utilized while there is. The Ferris Fire Department will be making occasional stops to check on all patrons of the warming center. As a reminder, if you have a non-emergency, please contact 972-544-2225.
- First Baptist Ferris is located at 304 W 5th St, Ferris, TX 75125. Please go to the Family Life Center Entrance at the corner of 6th and Church Street.
- Warming centers will be set up on an as-needed basis for Flower Mound residents. Residents may request access to a warming center if they have been without power for two or more hours, and do not have an alternate heat or power source (such as a fireplace or generator) or have medical equipment that requires electricity. If access is needed to a warming center, call 972-539-0525.
- The Islamic Center of Frisco, 11137 Frisco St.
- Please bring your own bedding. (Please also note no shoes will be allowed on the carpet when you enter.)
- Fort Worth Convention Center, 1201 Houston St.
- COVID-19 screening required, overnight warming available, cots available. No pets.
- Daytime 7 a.m. -7 p.m. stations:
- Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave.
- Handley-Meadowbrook Community Center, 3601 Beaty St.
- Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 NE 36th St.
- Warming centers only, no snacks or cots available.
- Call 972-495-6746 for information about warming centers.
Glenn Heights Warming Shelter
- If you are without power and in need of a warm place, please visit Harvest of Praise (2603 S. Hampton Rd., Glenn Heights, TX, 75154). This location will open today at 4:00 p.m. and will be available to the public 24/7.
- Ruthe Jackson Center, 3113 S. Carrier Parkway.
- The facility will remain open 24 hours until weather improves. Masks and social distancing inside the facility will be required. If the facility reaches capacity, visits will be limited to two hours. Pets not allowed, no sleeping bags or cots. Visit www.gptx.org.
- The REC, 1175 Municipal Way.
- Families are asked to remain socially distanced from others. Masks are mandatory. Shelter will be open throughout the night with continued need assessed Tuesday. Families are encouraged to bring food/snacks to the warming shelter. Families can bring their pets, but must have them in a crate or kennel and bring food and water for them.
- Senter Park Recreation Center, 901 Senter Rd.
- Open 24 hours. All visitors are requested to wear face masks and socially distance from other households inside the center. Pets welcome but must remain leashed or in a carrier.
- Keller Public Library, 640 Johnson Rd.
- Open until 8 a.m. Tuesday.
- Chris W. Burkett Service Center, 620 S. Wisteria St.
Midlothian Warming Shelter
- For emergency purposes, the City of Midlothian is opening a warming shelter at the Midlothian Conference Center, 1 Community Circle, tonight at 6:30 p.m. This facility is susceptible to a loss of power. This is a warming center only with no amenities. Bring your blankets and snacks. Pets are NOT allowed. Please observe COVID-19 precautions, wear a mask and observe social distancing.
North Richland Hills
- Residents without power should call the Warming Station Hotline at 817-427-6001.
Ovilla Warming Station
- Grace Church of Ovilla located at 519 South Westmoreland Road has opened a warming shelter for citizens in need. They do have cots available they just ask for you to bring your own sheets if possible. COVID precautions will be used and you will be required to have a mask, do a temperature check at the door, and practice social distancing while there. If you need assistance getting to the church or if you have questions regarding the warming shelter, please call 972-617-7262, and dial extension 140, thank you.
- High Ridge Church, 1000 Cinema Drive, Hudson Oaks.
- Weatherford ISD 9th Grade Center, 1007 Main, Weatherford. (Opening at noon Tuesday through 5 a.m. Wednesday.)
- Mask and social distancing required, pets allowed on a leash or a carrier. No blankets or snacks provided.
- Grace Church Plano, 3301 Preston Road
- The city of Planohas partnered with Grace Church Plano for the warming center. The warming center will be open 24 hours a day until Thursday evening. COVID-19 protocols required. Residents should bring their own blankets, water and snacks. No pets.
Red Oak Warming Station
- The City of Red Oak has established a 48-hour Warming Shelter in the old ROISD Junior High Gymnasium at 200 Live Oak St. Residents who have been without power for an hour or more are invited to use this facility to warm up and get relief from the decreasing temperatures. The gym can be accessed from the front doors on the far left of the building entrance.
- Warming Shelter Guidelines:
- COVID-19 protocols must be followed. Individuals need to stay with family units, abide by social distancing requirements and wear masks.
- Pets are ONLY permitted if in kennels, crates or carriers. Simply being on a leash is not acceptable.
- Residents are encouraged to bring snacks and water.
- Residents may bring pillows, blankets and padded mats in order to get sleep during extended outages.
- There is limited access to power outlets to charge phones or other devices.
- Rockwall County Sheriff’s Office Lobby: 950 T. L. Townsend Dr., Rockwall
- The Center At Rockwall City Place: 108 E Washington St, Rockwall.
- McLendon-Chisholm City Hall: 1371 W FM 550, Rockwall.
- Heath City Hall: 200 Laurence Dr., Heath.
- Southlake Department of Public Safety North Station, 100 E. Dove.
- Coffee and water provided. Social distancing required. No pets.
- c|Life Church, 610 Hwy. 80 East.
- Masks required. Bring any supplies that you may need as chairs and a warm room will be provided. No pets.