The AN/AAQ-39 is the electro-optical/infrared fire control system in production for the Air Force Special Operations Command AC-130U Gunship.
The Q-39 targeting system consists of a large-aperture, midwave infrared (MWIR) sensor, two image-intensified television (I2TV) cameras, a near-infrared (NIR) laser pointer and a laser designator/rangefinder (with eyesafe mode). These components are integrated into a highly stabilized turret to ensure outstanding image quality and highly accurate line-of-sight pointing for gunfire control.
- Third-generation, large-aperture MWIR sensor with four fields of view for long-range target detection, recognition and identification
- I2TV sensors for situational awareness and the ability to detect light sources, personnel locators, markers, beacons, etc.
- Laser rangefinding and designation for targeting and delivery of laser-guided munitions
- NIR laser pointer (visible in I2TV) for identifying and handing off targets
- Advanced image processing for optimum image quality and algorithms for enhanced recognition and identification range performance
- Image blending for improved passive situational awareness during night operations
- Highly accurate line-of-sight pointing capability for weapons delivery
- Contractor logistics support for guaranteed system availability and reduced life-cycle costs
Media and Press Inquiries