Cyber Corner: Small Business Resources
June 12, 2018 -- The following resources are available to the public and represent a small sample of cybersecurity guidance for small businesses. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list of organizations supporting overall cyber health. Suppliers are solely responsible for ensuring their cyber health.
The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) mission is security of the nation from threats. The vulnerabilities the internet and its underlying infrastructure create both physical and cyber threats and hazards. The DHS provides resources for individuals and businesses.
- DHS Stay Safe Online for Businesses Resources
- DHS Stop. Think. Connect. Small Business Resources
- DHS Cybersecurity Publications
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is a branch of the U.S. Department of Commerce and works to promote innovation and industrial competitiveness. The NIST Cybersecurity Compliance Questionnaire is based off framework primarily developed by NIST.
- NIST Industry Resources
- NIST Small Business Information Security Publication
- NIST Fundamentals of Small Business Information Security Publication