Leveraging Environmental, Safety and Health Resources
June 18, 2020 --
“Our commitment to energy, environment, safety and health is vital to improving operational performance and enhancing reputational value for our stockholder.”
- Carol B. Cala, Corporate Vice President of Environment, Safety and Health
The Environmental, Safety, and Health (ESH) team at Lockheed Martin is dedicated to the mission of implementing innovations that protect employees and suppliers, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and minimize environmental impact. These key tenants are built into our operations and business practices which results in meeting our key metrics and establishing new goals.
- 2030 GOAL: REDUCE CARBON EMISSIONS PER$ GROSS PROFIT BY 70% *
- 2025 GOALS: REDUCE ENERGY PER OCCUPANT BY 14% AND REDUCE WASTE PER OCCUPANT BY 11% **
Safety is a major priority at Lockheed Martin. Our Target Zero Safety program ensures that everyone is aware of their role in creating and maintaing a safe environment. We encourage you to leverage our Safety Moments videos – new videos are published regularly.
Our approach to achieving environmentally conscious business operations encompasses education, management, and accountability. Our major initiatives for Energy and Environmental Stewardship are:
- Go Green
- We strive to promote environmental stewardships through reductions in carbon, energy and waste.
- Carbon and Energy Reduction
- We use a combination of energy efficiency and renewable energy to achieve carbon reduction goals, retiring Renewable Energy Certificates each year.
- Water Use Reduction
- We are committed to focus on water use in high-stress water regions.
- Waste Reduction
- A comprehensive total waste reduction strategy focuses on minimizing the amount of waste our facilities generate.
- Strategic Partnerships
- Our energy management program is strengthened by partnering with the United States Department of Energy’s Better Plants Program, and the Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Program and Green Power Partnerships.