Energy Awareness Month
September 2020 --
In September 1991, President George Bush declared October as “National Energy Awareness Month”, encouraging government and organizations to raise awareness of the importance of sustainably managing the nation’s energy resources. We would like to mark the 29th anniversary this year by providing questions and resources to get you started.
- Do you know your biggest energy users in our facilities? As a Department of Energy Better Plants Program partner, Lockheed Martin is able to extend the benefits and resources to eligible suppliers.
- Have you conducted your own version of ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts at your facilities?
- How much of your lighting has been converted to LEDs? Resource available: You can register and receive a white paper on The LED Tipping Point Effect.
- Have you reviewed your HVAC systems to make sure that they are operating properly? HVAC can often consume almost 50% of site energy – at Lockheed Martin, we have established programs to monitor the energy efficiency of these systems and share best practices to implement energy saving improvements.
- Do you have any compressed air leaks? Here is a fact sheet that provides a general overview on the topic.
Will your utility help fund energy efficiency projects that can lower your monthly bill while replacing aging equipment? For small businesses, you can explore policy and incentives by state here.
To learn more about this information, contact us using the button below.