Feature Supplier: Accurate Machine & Tool Corporation
Accurate Machine & Tool Corporation Provides Versatility to THAAD Program
Accurate Machine & Tool Corporation (AMT), continues its 12 year partnership as a trusted Lockheed Martin supplier as well as a preferred supplier to the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile program. This woman-owned small business (WOSB) provides electro-mechanical manufacturing, integration and machine shop services, all with a proven track record of delivering unique quality products on time and within budget.
Accurate Machine & Tool stands out above the rest with its versatility and ability to adjust to an ever-changing business landscape. As an example, when the THAAD program required mission critical items to a battery stationed in Guam, the company worked on a 24/7 schedule with only a couple of days’ notice to ensure the items were provided on time.
With its proven track record and being named “Outstanding Small Business of the Year” in 2016 by Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, it’s no surprise that Accurate Machine & Tool was chosen to be a Lockheed Martin protégé under the Department of Defense (DOD) Mentor-Protégé program.
“The mentor protégé relationship between Lockheed Martin and AMT has given AMT the ability to develop new processes, grow their business, and become a long-term sustainable supplier for the DOD Industrial Base. Lockheed Martin selected Accurate Machine & Tool as a protégé because of their core values, outstanding performance, strong commitment to quality, and dedication to employees,” said Donna Clardy, Lockheed Martin Mentor Protégé program manager.
Another benefit of being a Lockheed Martin protégé, procurements made with Accurate Machine & Tool while they are a current protégé is justifiable for a noncompetitive subcontract acquisition.
When asked what advice they would give to small businesses looking to do business with Lockheed Martin or in the industry in general, Norris Simons, AMT-General Manager states to “…know your customer. Communicate. Do what you say and say what you mean. Listen to what it is your customer is requesting.” Sound advice from a top Lockheed Martin supplier.
Visit the company website for more information on Accurate Machine & Tool to see a layout of their facility.
Would you like to be a featured supplier?
If you are a Lockheed Martin supplier and would like to be considered as a Featured Supplier under the Lockheed Martin Whose Knocking page, please provide a response to each question and submit using the button below. Completed questionnaires for current Lockheed Martin suppliers will be considered for future quarterly highlights.
- How long has the company been a Lockheed Martin supplier?
- Describe the service or capabilities the company offers to Lockheed Martin
- Describe why the company is a valued supplier to Lockheed Martin (e.g. delivers innovation, affordable solutions, demonstrated quality and/or performance, etc.)
- Does the company offer anything unique to Lockheed Martin? (What makes you stand out above the rest?)
- How does your product or service help Lockheed Martin achieve mission success? Describe if it supports a program(s).
- Provide a specific example of where your firm was able to provide support to the end customer that demonstrated value (cost savings, new technology, etc.)
- What advice would you give to other small businesses looking to do business with Lockheed Martin or the industry in general?
- Is there any other information you would like to provide to help promote this company?
- What is your official title?
- What is the company website URL?
- Available photo (e.g. facility, team group shot, people working together, products, team member receiving an award, etc.)