Feature Supplier: Marvin Engineering
Marvin Engineering Co., Inc. Provides Comprehensive Lineup of Alternate Mission Equipment
Marvin Engineering Co., Inc. (MEC) is a privately owned small business based in Inglewood, California. MEC is a global leader in the manufacture of Alternate Mission Equipment (AME)/Aircraft Armament Equipment (AAE), including ejector racks, missile launchers, pylons, weapons adapters, as well as other complex aero structures. Products manufactured support numerous U.S. aircraft including F-15, F-16, F/A-18, F-22, F-35, AH-1, AH-64, UH/SH-60, B-1B, B-52, MQ-9, P-3 and several international platforms.
MEC and Lockheed Martin have a 25 plus year relationship, and since 2003 they have supported the F-35 Lightning II Program by serving as the managing partner and qualifying source for missile launchers, pylons and weapons bay adapters produced by their company, as well as the five international workshare partners for this AME. As part of this commitment, MEC has hosted an annual F-35 Alternate Mission Equipment Summit and will host their 10th annual summit this October. These events bring together international partners, Lockheed Martin personnel, as well as representatives from U.S. and foreign governments.
In 2017, under the sponsorship of the U.S. Air Force, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics and MEC entered into a DoD Office of Small Business Programs Mentor-Protégé Agreement focused on technology transfer to enable MEC to stand up a new robotic coatings capability in support of the F-35 AME and full rate production. An important component of MEC’s commitment to Lockheed Martin for the F-35 Program is its ability to provide additional manufacturing capacity and emergency surge capability in the event there are circumstances that require increased production rates.
“We are very appreciative to have the relationship that we do with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, as well as Missiles and Fire Control in Orlando,” says Howard Gussman, president of The Marvin Group and Marvin Engineering Co., Inc. “We’ve supported Lockheed Martin for decades now, and we’re proud of the fact that we provide a significant amount of the AME found on the F-16, as well as pylons and Configurable Rail Launchers for the F-22, in addition to the F-35 AME package. We’ve long been a manufacturer of the M299 Longbow Hellfire Missile Launcher and produced its predecessor, the M272. We’re expanding our sustainment and logistics capabilities as well with our Configurable Armament/AME Repair Depot (CARD), which makes I-level plus capabilities available in a fixed or mobile, forward deployable footprint complementing our test sets supporting our AME.”
Per Chantay White-Taylor, “Marvin has proven to be a strong supplier not just for the F-35 program, but for other Lockheed Martin legacy programs, U.S. fighter jets and helicopter programs. They are essential in developing and producing weapon release systems and complex airframe structures. It’s no surprise that Marvin Engineering has been a past recipient of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Small Business Supplier Recognition program. The current DoD Mentor Protégé agreement is moving into the second year and has promises of strengthening Lockheed Martin and Marvin’s partnership further.”
As a small business, Mr. Gussman observed, “It’s important to understand where your core competencies really lie, and to ensure that you’re continually improving and adding value to your internal and external customers. We have always strived to exceed our customers’ expectations.”
For more information about Marvin Engineering Co., please visit the company website.
Would you like to be a featured supplier?
If you are a Lockheed Martin supplier and would like to be considered as a Featured Supplier under the Lockheed Martin Whose Knocking page, please provide a response to each question and submit using the button below. Completed questionnaires for current Lockheed Martin suppliers will be considered for future quarterly highlights.
- How long has the company been a Lockheed Martin supplier?
- Describe the service or capabilities the company offers to Lockheed Martin
- Describe why the company is a valued supplier to Lockheed Martin (e.g. delivers innovation, affordable solutions, demonstrated quality and/or performance, etc.)
- Does the company offer anything unique to Lockheed Martin? (What makes you stand out above the rest?)
- How does your product or service help Lockheed Martin achieve mission success? Describe if it supports a program(s).
- Provide a specific example of where your firm was able to provide support to the end customer that demonstrated value (cost savings, new technology, etc.)
- What advice would you give to other small businesses looking to do business with Lockheed Martin or the industry in general?
- Is there any other information you would like to provide to help promote this company?
- What is your official title?
- What is the company website URL?
- Available photo (e.g. facility, team group shot, people working together, products, team member receiving an award, etc.)