C-130B-H Technical Publications
The technical publications competency conveys knowledge and information to aid customers in the operation, maintenance, modification, and servicing of all Lockheed Martin produced and supported aircraft, safeguarding the airworthiness of the aircraft.
The Lockheed Martin Technical Publications team is deeply involved in all aspects of the aircraft lifecycle. The team is specifically dedicated to the C-130 program in support of all B-H Hercules customers and is responsible for the overall management, development, validation, production, quality and delivery of the C-130 technical publications.
Publications development history and perpetual upkeep ensure customers have the safest, most efficient and effective procedures for operating and maintaining their C-130 fleet. Publication currency is maintained through scheduled updates and supplements are issued as required in the interim.
C-130B-H Technical Publications Revision Service Program (RSP)
Lockheed Martin RSP answers the requirement to keep manuals updated by offering tailored solutions with options based on customer needs. RSP options include the following:
Maintains customized documentation current with latest fleet changes. May include updating manuals to current baseline and purchase of updated off-the-shelf manuals (structural repair manual, commercial airplane flight manual, military performance manual, loading manual, etc.). This service does not include incorporation of aircraft modification data.
Simple RSP with Aircraft Modifications:
Same as above, but includes documentation of minor aircraft modifications.
RSP with Major Aircraft Modifications:
Includes aircraft survey and documentation review performed at the customer facility (necessary to establish equipment configuration and currency of technical publications). Resulting RSP typically includes major manual rework and development of new publications to properly document the modified aircraft configuration.
Under this option, aircraft operators often choose to eliminate supplemental data, electing to purchase more desirable, customized technical manuals.
RSP Conversion to Electronic Media:
Converts existing paper technical publications to electronic format with functionality that spans from a single customized/digitized manual to a complete set of fully linked, customized/ digitized manuals delivered in Portable Document Format (PDF) on DVD. Typically, this solution is implemented concurrent with publication changes documenting a major aircraft modification program. The level of detail is tailored to specific customer requirements. After conversion, electronic delivery provides operational and budgetary benefits.
Customized PDF Manuals
The additional capabilities provided by PDF manuals make them as essential as any tool currently found in the mechanic’s toolbox. Conversion to electronic media offers the following benefits:
- Publications may be viewed on most electronic devices via Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Electronic delivery on DVD reduces the number of paper copies to be maintained, supporting “Green” initiatives while providing cost savings
- Publications can be digitally printed in small or large volumes, at any location providing flexible, local print capability
- Publications can be distributed worldwide via secure website allowing for timely updates and rapid distribution
- Publications can be navigated by keyword search, table of contents, bookmarks or hyperlinks, allowing users to quickly locate the data they need
- Hyperlinks and bookmarks allow for rapid access to figure and paragraph references and direct navigation to a needed wiring diagram
- Publications can be magnified up to 1,600 percent with no loss of quality
- The file format is very compact which allows files to be sent to users quickly, be archived easily and is ideal for presentations
- Text and art may be copied and pasted to other documents for training purposes
AMMM Customer Support Center
(800) 952-6569 or +1 (770) 494-9131