Diagnostic Site Visit
This Lockheed Martin exclusive service provides on-site expert consultation and direct access to maintenance improvement opportunities.
DSVs provide the customer maintenance community an opportunity for direct interaction with C-130 experts with experience in aircraft fault detection/isolation, Maintenance Management System (MMS) (currently Data Transfer and Diagnostic System (DTADS)), and maintenance manuals. DSVs bring the experience to your operational location.
DSV service include:
- Two subject matter experts (SME) visit for five business days and support of multiple shifts if desired.
- In-brief to the commander or maintenance leadership to give an overview of the itinerary during the DSV.
- Review of customer’s CONOPS, maintenance operations, and use of the MMS.
- Interface with lead technicians and maintainers who operate the MMS (DTADS, fault isolation manuals, job guide procedures, etc.).
- Provide real-time support during DTADS post-flight debriefing. This greatly enhances understanding and interpretation of the debrief process.
- Provide direct support for as many unscheduled maintenance cycles on-aircraft as possible during the week; i.e., aircraft arrival, aircraft debrief, jobs created and tasked, and observation of on-aircraft troubleshooting to its successful conclusion.
- Interview of O-level personnel, back shops, inspection docks, and quality assurance areas, etc., to get their candid and honest feedback on the diagnostic system, DTADS and maintenance procedures defined in the fault isolation manuals Job Guides or scheduled maintenance Inspection Guides to obtain suggestions for efficiencies, improvements or corrections.
- Provide guidance and support for any questions or issues associated with DTADS.
- Observe the C-130 products as they are used by maintenance personnel and help, assist, and receive feedback with regard to the MMS and any other maintenance related issues.
- Out-brief to the Commander or Maintenance Leadership to give an overview of the observations and summarize action items identified during the DSV.
- Post-visit evaluation and incorporation of efficiencies, improvements or corrections into scheduled Technical
- Publications updates. Once back at Lockheed Martin, all suggestions for maintenance improvements are evaluated and dispositioned, resulting in an average of 10-12 improvements incorporated per DSV. This is a rapid way to obtain technical manual enhancements.
- Trip report will be provided with a summary of the visit and action items/results.
AMMM Customer Support Center
(800) 952-6569 or +1 (770) 494-9131