Adapt. On the modern battleground, enemies can convert something as harmless as a cellphone into a devastating weapon. Lockheed Martin seeks to outpace the evolution if IED techniques through a system as adaptable as the U.S. forces that use it.
Lockheed Martin provides global ground EW solutions to U.S. forces, as well as partner nations, through a unique Next Generation open architecture product platform and open business model. Our multi-function/multi-mission capability builds on the successful Symphony Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED) Defeat system. Since its initial fielding in 2006, over 4000 Symphony C-IED systems have been delivered and currently support United States coalition and partner nation warfighters.
Symphony Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED)
WHAT IS IT?
Lockheed Martin’s Symphony is a Radio-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device (RCIED) Defeat System. Able to defeat multiple simultaneous threats, Symphony is the preferred RCIED solution of Coalition and Partner Nation combat forces engaged in the Global War On Terror.
WHY IT MATTERS
Initially fielded in 2006, Symphony continues to be an invaluable asset in the Global War On Terror with hundreds of systems currently deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom warfighters.
- Agile architecture to counter evolving threat
- Designed, tested, and field-proven durability with combat-proven performance
- Superior in-field support and depot reach-back
- Easily updateable capability for maximum effectiveness, security and response
- Small, vehicle-mounted footprint
- Designed for rugged tactical environments
- Approved for Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) theaters
Next Generation Symphony
WHAT IS IT?
Lockheed Martin’s Next Generation Symphony Radio-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device Defeat System. Able to defeat current and emerging IED threats, Next Generation Symphony is designed to protect our warfighters in an unpredictable future.
WHY IT MATTERS
Next Generation Symphony uses sophisticated algorithms and commercial off-the-shelf COTS hardware to provide extensive coverage. With its open architecture design and open business implementation, Next Generation Symphony embraces “best of breed” content to provide a sustainable solution. The use of COTS with an open architecture promotes life-cycle upgradability.
- Contiguous coverage across the entire threat spectrum
- Open Architecture/Open Business design
- Scalable and Modular
- In production, undergoing USG witnessed verification/validation
- Updateable capabilities for maximum effectiveness, security, and response
- Compact, vehicle-mounted footprint
- Designed for rugged military environments