It is Lockheed Martin policy that its business areas will conduct socioeconomic subcontracting programs in recognition of compelling moral, social and economic necessity. It is also policy to facilitate the achievement of its negotiated subcontracting goals by developing the capabilities of, and pursuing opportunities to award subcontracts and other procurements to small, small disadvantaged, women, veteran, and historically black and tribally owned colleges and universities, and other minority institutions.
Not sure if your company is a U.S. Small Business?
Click here to view the small business reference guide. International suppliers should learn about their country's requirements and contacts through web page sites listed on our International page. United Kingdom suppliers should send an email message describing their capabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional in-country visibility.
We’re committed to providing veterans with business and training opportunities when they no longer wear the uniform.
Supplier Training Excellence Program (STEP)
Visit our supplier excellence program page, a collection of educational resources for small businesses. LEARN MORE.
When we say ‘Who’s Knocking’ we mean diverse suppliers who deliver high quality and innovative solutions. READ MORE
Government Outreach Programs
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's commitment to existing Government Outreach Programs. READ MORE.
2018 Events Calendar
Our small business representatives will be at the following national and local events:
- 2/27 LGBT Firms Doing Business with Federal Prime
Contractors (Herndon, VA)
- 3/5-8 National RES Conference (Las Vegas, NV)
- 3/20-22 AIA Supplier Management Council Meeting (Indianapolis, IN)
- 3/22 Veteran Institute of Procurement Graduation Celebration (Bethesda, MD)
- 4/3-18 Global Supplier Diversity and Inclusion Symposium and Gala (Washington, DC)
- 4/9-10 Air, Sea and Space Conference (Washington, DC)
- 4/12 SBA Industry Day Event (Irvine, CA)
- 5/15-16 MDA Small Business Conference (Huntsville, AL)
- 5/22 JPL Small Business Opportunity Fair (Pasadena, CA)
Small Business Success Stories
- Demonstrate Quality and Lean Six Sigma Practices
- Focus on Timely Delivery of Every Part
- Find a Mentor to Advocate Your Firm
- Long-Standing Performance Broadens Opportunities
- Listening is Key to Establishing Long-Term Relationships
- Cater to Defense Industry through Niche Services and Conforming to Tight Requirements
- Have a Game Plan Ready before Contacting a Prime Contractor
- Keeping the Customer’s End Goal In Mind
- Establish a Niche to Differentiate Your Firm
- Consistent High Quality Delivery Helps Secure New Business