Lockheed Martin Space’s Advanced Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Program (AMTAP) is the launchpad to an exciting career in space manufacturing for those without related experience or a four-year degree.
Regardless of where you are in your career journey, AMTAP can help you forge a new path as an electronics technician with highly desired trade skills — in just six to nine weeks. AMTAP is also an “Earn While You Learn” model, meaning there are no upfront costs or tuition for learning new skills.
- Experienced instructors
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Gain new skills and industry-recognized certifications in solder and cable harnessing, conformal coating, torquing, and more
- Opportunity for potential full-time employment after program graduation
- Opportunities for growth and advancement at the most admired aerospace and defense company in the industry
Who is AMTAP for?
- High school students who aren’t immediately headed for college and/or taking a gap year
- People interested in learning vocational or technical trades
- People wanting a career change
- People re-entering the workforce after taking a break
- Have great hand and eye coordination
- Have manual dexterity skills
- Have the ability to follow detailed work instructions
- Work well in a fast-paced, team environment
- Are interested in continuously learning and adapting to ongoing industry changes
- Have the ability to perform precision work
Cohort classes open approximately five times per year. Each location's program differs, so be sure to read the specific details for each location below. Check back often for program updates, application links and virtual informational sessions to learn more about the program.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.