Advancing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education is a critical focus for Lockheed Martin. We know firsthand the importance of educating our young people in these areas. Our future success and our nation’s technological advantage depend on a constant supply of highly trained, highly capable technical talent.
We believe strongly that advancing STEM education requires collaboration among industry, educators, policy makers and families. As an industry leader, Lockheed Martin, with an employee population that includes 60,000 engineers, scientists and IT professionals, is committed to working with these groups to develop programs that educate and inspire tomorrow’s scientists, engineers and mathematicians.
STEM and Vocational Scholarships
STEM Education Outreach Activities
Select partners focused on high school students:
- Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold, through direct service and advocacy, including programming to strengthen their interest and confidence in pursuing STEM education and careers.
- Project Lead The Way empowers students to develop and apply in-demand, transportable skills by exploring real-world challenges in engineering, computer science, cybersecurity, and other fields.
- Million Girls Moonshot seeks to inspire and prepare the next generation of innovators by engaging one million more girls in STEM learning opportunities through afterschool and summer programs over the next 5 years.
- FIRST designs accessible and innovative robotics programs that motivate young people to pursue education and career opportunities in STEM, while building self-confidence, knowledge, and life skills.
- CodePath provides college students with no-cost computer coding courses, mentorship, and career support to prepare them for careers in tech.
- Hacking for Defense is a university course that teaches students to work with the Defense and Intelligence Communities to rapidly address the nation’s emerging threats and security challenges.
- NPower creates pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities.