Advanced Technology Laboratories
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is an applied research and development center for scientific advancement in the areas of autonomy, robotics, artificial intelligence, command & control, human-machine symbiosis, spectrum operations, hypersonics and cyber.
ATL engineers and scientists develop and apply leading edge technologies to our customers’ most difficult problems and needs, redefining global security and transforming emerging ideas into solutions.
Embracing diversity of thought and collaborating with some of the best and brightest in government, industry, and academia, ATL is creating generation-after-next technology to help Lockheed Martin and our research and development customers.
These customers include U.S. government service laboratories and the U.S. armed forces, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), and the Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) to maintain technology dominance.
ATL Research Areas
Assured Autonomy and Systems
- Collaborative and tactical autonomy
- Extreme robotic mobility and manipulation
- Verification and Validation (V&V) for autonomy
- Assured symbiosis
- Physiological, biochemical and cognitive sensing technologies
- Advanced physics, processing and sensors
- Data fusion and state estimation
- Embedded designs and RF signal processing
- Optoelectronics and advanced packaging
- RF Spectrum-based machine learning
Human and Social Systems Engineering
- Advanced machine learning techniques for rapid analysis and augmentation
- Human sentiment and influence
- Model-based analytics for forecasting instabilities and outcomes
- Frameworks and techniques for ingesting, indexing, integrating and analyzing big data sets
Command, Control and Understanding (C2 & U)
- Analyst-machine collaboration for sense making
- High complexity planning and control
- Cyber infrastructure
- Malware analysis
- Automated cyber testing
- Secure and high performance computing
- High temperature photonics and electronics
- High fidelity multi-physics modeling and simulation
ATL Technologies & News
ATL Careers and Collaboration
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories is home to a tight-knit group of scientists and engineers motivated by a common mission: Incubating transformational technologies in support of global security.
We hail from diverse backgrounds, with over 250 people working across four main locations. We thrive in a flat and nimble organization, and regularly partner with early adopters to validate concepts and prototypes. We’re passionate problem-solvers and curious collaborators. Join us in asking, “What about…” and “What if…” as we explore what’s next.