The Center for Innovation (also known as The Lighthouse) represents the intersection of Lockheed Martin’s commitment to national defense and passion for innovation.
The center provides both a physical and virtual portal into the vast network of Lockheed Martin’s laboratories, research centers and engineering facilities.
Designed as a 50,000 square foot, high-end operations center, it is part of Lockheed Martin’s investment in global research and development programs and infrastructure.
It is this unique infrastructure, optimized for collaborative experimentation and analysis, which has facilitated numerous Cooperative Research And Development Agreements (CRADA), as well as Human In The Loop (HITL) experiments and analytical efforts, between Lockheed Martin and its government, international, academic and industry partners.
What We Do
We are the center for multidomain integration, experimentation, wargaming, tabletop exercises, modeling and simulation, and decision analysis in both real and synthetic environments. We bring engineers and operators together to create Innovation.
We partner with government and industry teams to tackle complex problems and develop new concepts and capabilities.
Analytical workshops derive insight from data gathered during specific activities designed to generate and capture brainstorming between event participants.
Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) Experimentation
Complex, Tailored Demonstration
Modeling and Simulation
- 50,000 sq ft of reconfigurable space designed to immerse customers in an operations environment to address their most challenging missions
- Coming in early 2023! We've replaced our auditorium with a 5000 sq ft multi-level security networked capability wargaming environment facilitating the development of 21st Century Security concepts and capabilities
- A resource available to government, industry, academia and international partners
- Advanced suite of collaboration, analysis and decision support tools
- Connectivity to secure government, academic and commercial high bandwidth networks
- Numerous spaces to support break-out meetings and small work groups
- Live and virtual brainstorming capabilities
- Immersive simulations and simulators, high-definition visualization, interactive video walls, and secure video teleconferencing
- Exterior vehicle equipment pads and adjacent 6-acre cantonment area
- Knowledge in both domestic and international protocol
- On-site café and event catering
Who We Are
Where We Are
The Lighthouse is strategically situated in close proximity to the largest concentrations of 3- and 4-star operational commands representing all U.S. military service branches.
These commands are tasked with manning, training, equipping, providing operational forces, concept development, doctrine, and conducting research and development.
8000 Harborview Boulevard
Suffolk, Virginia 23435