Our New Zealand workforce is primarily focused on delivering sustainment capability to the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) and NZ Police.
Drawing on our global experience, we are delivering proven capabilities that have been tested in the harshest environments while leveraging innovation into our global supply chains.
We deliver transformational logistics to the NZDF as it adopts new equipment, and are a trusted provider of a range of Government services. As a strategic partner, we are harnessing local innovation and talent to support New Zealand’s Defence Force of the future.
C-130 Hercules: Built For New Zealand
Lockheed Martin’s C-130 Hercules has proudly served the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) and the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) for more than 50 years.
From supporting critical humanitarian missions in the wake of natural disaster to delivering much-needed supplies to the Antarctic, the RNZAF’s C-130 fleets is one of the most-tasked and most dynamic in the region.
While New Zealand’s C-130 fleet is a national asset, it has true global reach. As the C-130 is the airlifter of choice for 69 nations, RNZAF Hercules crews often partner with other Hercules operators to support coalition peacekeeping and training missions. Close to home and far away, the RNZAF’s C-130 fleet has a worldwide presence.
Given the terrain and mission demands it faces, New Zealand requires a tactical airlifter that is versatile, powerful and reliable. That aircraft is the C-130 Hercules.
The C-130 Hercules: built for New Zealand.
MRO provides services through teams based at Trentham, Waiouru, Linton and Burnham. These include:
- Fleet maintenance and automotive repair to both military and commercial equipment
- Weapons repair of small arms, support weapons and light guns
- Electronics and instrument repair
- General engineering and fabrication
- Collision repair and paint
- Automotive drive line components, engine reconditioning and dyno testing
- Apprentice training in support of core customers across various trade groups
We provide a Managed Fleet Utilisation service to maximise equipment availability through the consolidation, management and husbandry of NZDF owned equipment. Responsibilities include:
- preventative and scheduled maintenance
- management of the Complete Equipment Schedule (CES)
- maintenance of compliance to both NZDF legislative and commercial standards.
A capability focused on the design and build of specialist vehicles for NZ Police, NZ Fire Services, NZ Customs Services and other government departments, including:
- Various types of vehicles for NZ Police, from pods in the back of vehicles to design and manufacture of a specialist body onto the back of a rolling cab and chassis.
- Rural fire appliances for NZ Fire Service built to standards and specifications
Professional and Managed Services
We provide services and expertise to our customers through innovative logistics solutions which provide transformational outcomes, through leveraging the extensive capability, technology and expertise of the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
Our local expertise and significant international experience assists customers through technical and best-practice logistics consultancy to implement ‘smart’ logistic solutions. We have the local capability to provide professional staff for project management, as well as consultancy for business and technical analysis, requirements definition and software design and development.