Help develop cutting-edge solutions alongside some of the greatest minds in the industry.
The programs we offer for students and early career professionals give future leaders in aerospace and defense an opportunity to work alongside the talented, experienced professionals who are currently shaping the industry. This can be a critical enabler of your career into the future of technology and innovation.
The Early Career Experience at Lockheed Martin
What happens when you mix over 2,500 college interns with the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin? You get a potent mix of learning, growth, and occasionally some unexpected twists.
In 22 states across America, we have over 1,800 apprentices of all ages from diverse backgrounds and experiences who receive training, mentoring, and hands-on learning.
Accelerate Your Career Trajectory
Leadership Development Programs Build the Skills to Succeed
Our development programs are tailored to your learning style, needs and schedule. Prepare for leadership roles at through classroom training, online learning and special job assignments. Additionally, we provide tuition assistance to empower your education.
Building a Strong Future
Supporting STEM Education at Lockheed Martin
The 2022 scholar class represents some of the brightest minds entering the STEM field and studying at institutions across the country
We prioritize advancing STEM education, collaborating with industry educators, policymakers, and families to develop programs that educate and inspire future scientists, engineers, and mathematicians. We provide financial support to students pursuing postsecondary credentials in STEM through hundreds of scholarships, particularly those from underrepresented communities.
We are proud to play a part in the ambitions of bright students and the workforce of tomorrow!
STEM Education Outreach Activities
We provide funding and volunteer support to organizations that support STEM career readiness and access for students from high school through the postsecondary years.
Select partners focused on high school students:
- Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold, including programming to strengthen their interest and confidence in pursuing STEM education and careers.
- Project Lead The Way empowers students to develop and apply in-demand, transportable skills by exploring real-world challenges in engineering, computer science, and cybersecurity.
- Million Girls Moonshot seeks to inspire and prepare the next generation of innovators by engaging one million more girls in STEM learning opportunities through afterschool and summer programs.
- FIRST designs accessible and innovative robotics programs that motivate young people to pursue education and career opportunities in STEM, while building knowledge and life skills.
Select partners focused on postsecondary and adult learners:
- CodePath provides college students with no-cost computer coding courses, mentorship, and career support to prepare them for careers in tech.
- Hacking for Defense is a university course that teaches students to work with the Defense and Intelligence Communities to rapidly address the nation’s emerging threats and security challenges.
- NPower creates pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities.