Pushing the boundaries of protection, connection and exploration
Since the 1950s, Lockheed Martin has continued to stay at the forefront of the Space industry. Today, the Space business area has made it our mission to advance 21st Century Security, innovate with urgency and help our customers stay ahead of ready.
The Space business area is responsible for the research and design, development, engineering and production of:
- precise navigation, secure communications, and early missile warning systems
- mission command and control software systems
- space technologies and transportation systems
- strategic, advanced strike and defensive systems
Space provides network-enabled situational awareness and integrates complex space and ground global systems to help our government and commercial customers gather, analyze, and securely distribute critical intelligence data. Space is also responsible for various classified products and services in support of vital national security systems and international missions.
Space offers more than 35 product and service lines to help our customers stay ahead of ready:
Strike, Deterrence & Missile Defense
Fleet Ballistic Missile (Trident II D5)
Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM)
Next Generation Interceptor (NGI)
The coolest jobs on this planet
Lockheed Martin Space employees are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to innovate fast, perform with excellence and do what's right. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus--if you provide the passion and courage to dream big, you can help us build a better tomorrow.
Whether you’re an experienced professional, veteran, separating member of the military, or student, there’s a place for you on our team.
A stellar support for community
As a responsible global corporation, Lockheed Martin Space and our employees play an active role in helping to strengthen the quality of life in the communities where we live and work. In 2022:
- Lockheed Martin Space employees spent more than 52,000 hours volunteering in their communities.
- Lockheed Martin Space Community Relations invested nearly $1.5 million in nonprofits that support STEM education, military and veteran causes, and disaster relief and mitigation efforts.
Communications & Security
- Military Space (5G, GPS III/IIIF, JADO, MUOS, Next Gen OPIR, Protected SATCOM, SBIRS)
- Monica Witt | +1 720-227-8160
- Mission Solutions & Satellite Ground Systems
- Chip Eschenfelder | +1 720-842-6452
Human & Scientific Exploration
- Human Exploration (Orion)
- Gary Napier | +1 720-842-6102
- Planetary Exploration & Weather (GOES-R, Mars Sample Return, Lucy, OSIRIS-REx)
- Lauren Duda | +1 303-324-1764
General Inquiries & Executive Interviews
- Dana Casey | +1 202-320-9066
- Candace Flynn | +1 303-512-3170