Calling all STEM Scholars!
Lockheed Martin launched a new scholarship program in 2019 to provide opportunities to students who want to build their talents and change the world!
We are continuing to award scholarships of $10,000 per student – renewable each year. The program will continue to add up to 200 new recipients each year, and will be open to individuals studying engineering or computer science that demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or underserved communities.
Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year open January 15, 2020 and will close March 12, 2020.
Applicants to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. Citizen.
- Current high school seniors with a cumulative 2.5 or higher GPA, or current college freshmen or sophomores with a cumulative 2.5 or higher GPA.
- Planning to enroll full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Majoring or planning to major in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, Information Systems/Management Information Systems or Information Assurance.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Provided there are qualified applicants, an effort will be made to give preference to applicants who:
- Have demonstrated leadership capabilities (evidenced by volunteerism, mentoring younger students, STEM-focused extracurricular activities, work experience).
- Have a compelling personal story and/or family circumstances such as being a member of a military family.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal. Financial need, as calculated by Scholarship America, must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award.
Note: If the applicant's family does not file taxes, please attach a document explaining the circumstances in detail.
Lockheed Martin promotes equal opportunity and intentional inclusion. First generation college students and individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Lockheed Martin play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Scholarship recipients can opt-in to be contacted by Lockheed Martin recruitment teams regarding possible internship opportunities. (Note: All interested candidates and scholars must apply through the Lockheed Martin careers site to be considered).
Explore a national educational program designed to inspire the next generation of innovators.
Advancing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education is a critical focus for us.
View how we are investing, developing and impacting the growing workforce economy.
View our entry-level or intern/co-op opportunities for current college students.
Contact Information for Students
301 318 6938