Lockheed Martin Accelerates $300 Million This Week to Suppliers
Bethesda, Md., May 29, 2020 – Lockheed Martin continued support to critical industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers, and local communities this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We continue to accelerate cash to our suppliers to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. This week, we accelerated more than $300 million, with a focus on small businesses and at-risk suppliers due to COVID-19.
- More than 900 small businesses have registered for small business webinars hosted by Lockheed Martin to help navigate key resources to support and sustain their operations.
- Lockheed Martin has hired more than 4,700 positions across the United States since the COVID-19 crisis began and is advertising for nearly 3,500 roles. The corporation remains on track with plans to hire 12,000 employees during 2020.
- As a benefit to employees and the local community, Sikorsky is offering drive-through COVID-19 testing on Thursday afternoons at its major manufacturing site in Stratford, Connecticut, in partnership with a local doctor’s office. Residents from the area can find out more at www.coronatestct.com.
Helping Our Communities
- This week, as part of our ongoing charitable contributions of $5 million to state and local organizations that support communities where we operate, the Parkland Hospital Foundation in Dallas received a $400,000 grant.
- Across the country, we have produced more than 59,000 protective gowns and 29,000 face shields, and have donated PPE at more than 125 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
- We have provided more than 51,000 meals to the needy in local communities surrounding eight Lockheed Martin locations.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, email@example.com