Lockheed Martin Accelerates $400 Million This Week to Suppliers
BETHESDA, Md., June 5, 2020 – Lockheed Martin continued support to critical industrial base suppliers, front-line medical workers and local communities this week for COVID-19 relief and response.
Supply Chain Commitment
- We continued to accelerate cash to our suppliers to promote a healthy Defense Industrial Base. This week, we accelerated more than $400 million, with a focus on small businesses and at-risk suppliers due to COVID-19.
- Lockheed Martin has hired more than 5,400 positions across the United States since the COVID-19 crisis began and is advertising for nearly 3,500 roles. The corporation remains on track with plans to hire 12,000 employees during 2020.
Helping Our Communities
- This week, as part of our ongoing charitable contributions of $5 million to state and local organizations that support communities where we operate, the Greater Washington Community Foundation announced “a new $500,000 contribution from Lockheed Martin to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund, which will help support both coordinated local response to urgent needs and longer-term recovery efforts focused on building a stronger and more resilient region.”
- Across the country, we have produced more than 61,000 protective gowns and 30,000 face shields, and have donated PPE at more than 125 locations where frontline medical workers are caring for COVID-19 patients, and those at risk, including medically vulnerable seniors.
- We have provided more than 52,000 meals to the needy in local communities surrounding eight Lockheed Martin locations.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Please follow @LMNews on Twitter for the latest announcements and news across the corporation.
# # #
Jarrod Agen, 301-897-6412, firstname.lastname@example.org